Offline DVDs

Help each other out

Offline DVDs

Postby chadwolcott on Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:32 pm

I finally got around to loading all my DVDs into DVD Profiler...all 150 or so. I now have all of them in xlobby but was wondering if there is a way to keep xlobby from ejecting the drive when I go to play them. I like the message to insert the disc but if my door is closed I don't want the drive to eject for fear of breaking the tray.

Is this a possiblity, I haven't tried just removing the drive letter from the xlobby configuration, but I will tonight. Anyone know?
chadwolcott

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:12 am

Is this a possiblity, I haven't tried just removing the drive letter from the xlobby configuration, but I will tonight. Anyone know?

thats all you have to do, just remove your offline dvd drive letter.
stevenhanna6

Postby chadwolcott on Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:23 pm

That did it...now for my next question. Ok, so I have all 168 movies that I have loaded, about 140 or so are offline DVDs. I put everything into DVD Profiler and exported the xml file. everything loads up when I click on Load All DVDs...cool.

Now I want to add stills for everything, so I downloaded them via the DB editor. I see they are all in offline in 150+ folders named incrementally for the collection number. I then went into DVDProfiler and added another dvd (I usually get 1 or so a week). Then loaded all dvds again via the DB editor and oops...no more stills for the offline dvds. If I try to re-download the stills it says complete very quickly and still no stills, and the movies.xml doesn't show the stills for them.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I really need to create a folder for each offline DVD and copy the stills there?
chadwolcott

Postby Cablecar on Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:38 pm

I am new to XLobby and I am having the same problem, anyone have any solutions?

John
Cablecar

Postby Cablecar on Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:04 pm

Anyone any ideas

Thanks

John
Cablecar

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:20 pm

I can't help you out right now its a bug, but I will be updating/fixing the dvd scanning code before the week is over so I should have fix by then.
stevenhanna6

Postby Cablecar on Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:08 pm

First of all what a fantastic program, I am fairly new to HTPC but what I have seen so far your program wipes the floor in comparison to the other programs.

I look forward to the fix.
Cablecar