Blu-Ray Made easy

title says it all

Blu-Ray Made easy

Postby lpg on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:34 pm

I have been waiting for an easy way to set up Blu-Ray and HDDVD. There is finally a solution to create iso's that will work on HDDVD's(requires PDVD 7.3 or Arcsoft) and BLU-Ray. Slysoft has made ripping very simple. The file sizes are huge 30-45gig depending on the movie but the convienence is worth it. I have included the setup with pics in this thread http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6535. This has been tested in XP and Vista 64.

One challenge was finding a virtual drive that would work. I tried Daemon tools lite and found out it would not emulate a hd dirve format. So I bought Daemon tools Standard Pro, but it has a problem in the way it reports its drive status that causes PDVD not to play. I eneded up using virtual clone drive which was free from slysoft. Everything is good.:D

I set this up on pay-lobby but it should work fine on free lobby also.
lpg

Re: Blu-Ray Made easy

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:36 pm

There's a thread on the AVSforums that more or less talked about using that technic (and other technics as well):
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1064190

Pretty cool you got it working.
Marbles_00

Postby lpg on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:45 pm

I was all over the place trying to get this to work AVSforum, doom9.org, Daemontools, slysoft etc... If there was one poster that helped the most it was SamuraiHL on the slysoft forum. He has a number of guides in his signiture and he is very active on the board to help when you get stuck.
lpg

Postby Grooby on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:46 pm

Nice

This link may be of use to strip down the rips...

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=137151

Just built my HD rig and have Arcsoft TMT that came with Asus Xonar 1.3 Deluxe. Can play ripped files direct from folder without need of iso creation. Gonna play and no doubt bang head on wall getting it to work... :D

Andy
Grooby

Postby lpg on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:44 pm

Good luck. I already have been paying for PDVD for the past year. TMT did not work for me because it did not run on Vista 64 at the time. I banged my head for three days looking into all of the options. I just wanted something that was close to push a button an be done with it. One of the fun things about this was that it took close to two hours to rip a disc. That was a long wait to see if something worked.

By the way Andy I have your simplicity skin running on my 67" DLP and it looks incredible.

Larry
lpg

Postby Grooby on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:39 am

By the way Andy I have your simplicity skin running on my 67" DLP and it looks incredible.
..thanks :D

Just finishing off a new one for Wes.

2hrs!!! wish there was a DVD Shrink HD out there, so simple to rip a DVD...oh well

Andy
Grooby

Postby lpg on Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:21 am

While I was trying to find the easiest way to do this I saw that there are plenty of folks coping files and then using imageburn to capture just the movie. I saw this on the Slysoft forum and doom9.org's forum. If you have time to play you should check it out.

When to we get a peek at the new stuff :D ????

Larry
lpg

Postby Grooby on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:16 am

v2 of skin is close, just adding sound effects 8)

v3, well, it screws a few things up in skin, cats are causing a problem, hope to sort out tho... :?
Grooby