Shortcut Keys to launch screen - How?

Speak your mind

Shortcut Keys to launch screen - How?

Postby kolemieux on Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:13 am

Guys - sorry as I know this is likely a dumb question. I am using a Firefly Remote - and was hoping I could assign a remote press to a shortcut key to bring up a screen, i.e. Overlay control screen.

Can this be done - I am searching as well sorry if stupid in advance.

Thanks
kolemieux

Postby dalanik on Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:54 am

You can if you're using Girder. Just assign the command opening overlay or screen an SEND MESSAGE trigger and then send message from Girder. You have example(s) on how to do this in my skin (visual).

D.
dalanik

D ?

Postby kolemieux on Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:22 pm

D?

Can u toss me a tiny bit more detail here? I am reviewing your skin as well.

Thanks kindly
kolemieux

Re: D ?

Postby dalanik on Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:42 am

In XLobby, press F2 to get configuration dialog.
In Config, goto Event manager.
In the left hand side list, select the event that is "goto screen" or "open overlay" that you want to use as a remote command.
On the righthand side, where commands are, select second tab, TRIGGERS.
In the lower part of the TRIGGERS tab, select the SENDMESSAGE tab.

This is where you enter WPARAM and LPARAM. These can, in our case be anything. Just pick 2 integers. i.e. 1 / 1001

That's XLobby part of the job.

Now, in Girder, make new command. Teach it the IR code from your remote, and assign SEND MESSAGE (i believe it's called message in girder - can't check because I don;t have girder installed on this PC). and enter the same parms you did in XLobby i.e. 1, 1001.

You have then to select the target window for this command. I suggest opening XLObby, and then from girder, select XLobby's exe from the list (there is a button to select target window).

Now, when you press a key on your IR controller it will send the message to XLobby, and XLobby will do the assigned action.

Hope this helps.

Dalibor
dalanik