How do you close the Client?

Help each other out

How do you close the Client?

Postby PiDD on Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:27 pm

I start the client on a PC and other than the screen being a bit screwed up is working great.

Question is how do I close the client screen? If I hit exit it closes the server Xlobby.
PiDD

Postby chadwolcott on Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:30 pm

set the exit button ID to clientexit
chadwolcott

Postby PiDD on Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:14 pm

hhmmm well that kinda works ... crashed Xlobby on both PC's.... but it did close! :lol:
PiDD

Postby chadwolcott on Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:22 pm

You set the exit button on the client to clientexit? Not the main xlobby screen, you need to change the exit button on the client screen only
chadwolcott

Postby PiDD on Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:35 pm

Thanks for your help .. much appreciated!

It looks like I have some issues ... I cant get into screen edit mode on the client, either through the F1 menu or pressing pause/break.

Another issue is the client screen only shows the top left corner of Xlobby?? Makes it a challenge!!
PiDD

Postby MFan on Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:39 pm

PiDD,

I don't think that xlobby has the capabilty of opening the skin editor in the client. I tried it on on PC at home and it did not work. I don't think editing on the client PC was not part of the design intent. If you want to edit on the client, you could use ultraVNC.

On the screen size on the client issue, are you using a PC or PPC as client? If using a PC, are you looking at PPC screens? The PPC screens only show up in the upper left corner on a PC.

Don
MFan

Postby PiDD on Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:50 pm

You are right .. I cant create a button on the client screen only. so other than ctrl alt del I dont know how to close the client.

With the res issue.. I am not using the PPC menu. Does anyone else use a PC as a client? If so how does you client screen look?
PiDD

Postby MFan on Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:19 pm

What I did to exit xlobby on the client is to add a button to one of the screens and in the ID field near the top, I put clientexit. Pushing this button closes out xlobby client, at least on the ppc. I haven't tested it on a pc, but it might be worth a try.

Don
MFan

Postby MFan on Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:29 pm

PiDD,

As a postscript, I just set up xlobby as a client on another computer on my network. The screens all look fine. The screen for the client is the same as the one for the server (shared via kvm switch) so it has the same resolution and settings. The server is running with an output of 1024x768. I changed the clients output to 1280 x 1024 and the display still looked fine on the monitor. This may not be good news, but I can confirm that putting clientexit in the ID box of the button configuration screen will close out the client on the pc.

Don
MFan