Embarrased

Speak your mind

Embarrased

Postby capecodscot on Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:29 am

Sorry to be even asking this. I simply do not seem to be able to auto launch a dvd. I have one 4TB server plus 5 clients - everything works great, including ppc as remote but I cannot seem to configure xl to run a dvd on any machine. I have tried both Zoomplayer and Theatertek.

Any hints - instructions extremely welcome.

Thanks
capecodscot

Postby hvs69 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:50 pm

For zoom, following commandline should work (SVCD/VCD/DVD aware):

c:\program files\zplayer\zplayer.exe" /opendrive:<driveletter> /PLAY

You just need to assign a button to the above commandline.

In addition you can spawn a popup in XLobby when it detects a disc in the drive. There is an option in the setup window (F2)
hvs69

embarassed

Postby capecodscot on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:24 am

Thank you for your kind response. I am not sure how to execute your suggested command line nor how to assign a buton to it. I have tried to do as you pointed out under F2 and tried the dvd autoplay option but when the pop-up displays on disk insertion and I click on play - nothing happens. I get the feeling that I'm nearly there but missing something. I would really appreciate your further assistance.

Thanks very much for your perseverance.
capecodscot

Postby rembetis on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:34 am

Check out my post at the bottom of this thread, then apply hvs69's command line parameter for zoomplayer. I have not implemented the popup option, but your probably just need to edit/change the parameters of the event associated with the play button to match your drive letter.
rembetis