New AOLRadio with new WinAmp problem

Help each other out

New AOLRadio with new WinAmp problem

Postby WannaTheater on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:57 pm

So I installed WinAmp 5.54, which has a pretty cool interface to AOLMusic. I spent the greater portion of my weekend writing code to create an AOL streaming music database (300+ stations). I finally got the code completed, and built the database.

So here is my problem:
The URL of a stream is of the format: IP_ADDRESS/CBS_R20_820P_F128?ext=.flv

So like any other stream that WinAmp is capable of playing, I just put this into the "Parameter" field in the database.

But in this case, it appears that WinAmp is only seeing IP_ADDRESS/CBS_R20_820P_F128?ext= (chopped at the period)
instead of IP_ADDRESS/CBS_R20_820P_F128?ext=.flv

So either Xlobby is cutting it off when sending it into WinAmp API, or WinAmp api is cutting it off once it shows up.

Any advice, so I don't feel like I wasted 2 full days?

Thanks!
WannaTheater

Re: New AOLRadio with new WinAmp problem

Postby WannaTheater on Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:19 am

After more experimentation, it looks like XLobby is only passing the parameter up to the "."

Ugggggggggggg!

Is there any way to control WinAmp through Windows "sned message" events? Perhaps someone has wParam and iParam codes to "Play URL"... Oh, and I need to send them to 4 different instances of WinAmp....

Ugggggggggggg!
WannaTheater

Re: New AOLRadio with new WinAmp problem

Postby WannaTheater on Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:46 am

FIXED!!!!

I merely needed to place a "http://" in from of all of the streams in the parameter fields!

Xlobby you still rock!

.... now if I could only find out how to pull the "Now Playing" information from the new WinAmp into Xlobby... it has title, artist, album AND albumart displayed. Unfortunately I think it is embedded in the stream, and I don't really feel like hacking packets to get this information....
WannaTheater