NEW 1280x720 (720P) Formatted Skin; Simple/Clean/WAF High !

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

NEW 1280x720 (720P) Formatted Skin; Simple/Clean/WAF High !

Postby thekochs on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:39 pm

I really appreciate all the help on XL Forum. I've tweeked my custom HTPC skin to be formatted for a 1280x720 resolution because I am driving 720P (1280x720 60Hz) out of my HTPC to various PJ/TVs in my home. So, my focus really is my DVD playback....with family pics, MP3s and also weather is nice. MY DVD playback is setup in Events for Play Movie to my File Type of TheaterTek command string. I also use the xCoverReSize plugin to display the coverart (by replacing Theatertek's SPLASH screen with it) before movie play..and resetting on exit....really nice looking. The link should also have my plugin directory for this cover and weather plugin. Just copy these plugins to your XLobby plugin directory.

Much thanks to cmhardwick for hosting:
http://xlobby.cicero-h.net/thekochs/720p_simplified.zip

Also here is an important thread on TheaterTek use and it also contains How-To in setting up the Coverart Plugin:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5686

Enjoy !!!

Main Menu.jpg

Movies.JPG

Movies Play Overlay.JPG
Last edited by thekochs on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
thekochs

Re: NEW 1280x720 (720P) Formatted Skin; Simple/Clean/WAF High !

Postby thekochs on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:40 pm

More Screen Pics

Music.JPG

Music Play Overlay.JPG

Pictures.JPG
thekochs

Postby thekochs on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:42 pm

More Screen Pics

Weather.JPG

Weather Overlay #1.JPG

Weather Overlay #2.JPG
thekochs

Postby thekochs on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:39 pm

Oooppppssss....forgot the Starup Screen....something leftover from the myHTPC days well before Meedio.

Startup.jpg
thekochs

Postby rberger3 on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:10 pm

Nice, i like the red screens :D
rberger3

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:35 pm

please allow a couple of days for the link to my website to make its way through the net :)
cmhardwick

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:27 am

Well, it's working now from 2 different systems with completely different DNS servers, so it's propagating quicker than usual, which is cool. Right-click and "save as" on the link, it will be better. :)
cmhardwick

Postby lpg on Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:33 pm

Great job. I am glad to see development still going on. By the way I saw your writeup on TT 2.5 an ver 7. Great stuff. I am switching to TT from zoomplayer. I had problems with channel steering when I would do anything during the movie (i.e. pause, ff, rew etc.). My center could go to the left speaker, sub to right, the rest I do not know. Tried everything I could think of and hit a bunch of forums with no response. I use my HTPC as a pre/pro and have it hooked directly to my amps through a lynx 2B card. With TT I only was able to get the system to have a problem after I did a number of things that no one in their right mind would do. TT has been rock solid.

Is the setup for TT 2.5 in your skin?

Thanks
Larry
lpg

Postby thekochs on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:11 pm

lpg wrote:Great job. I am glad to see development still going on. By the way I saw your writeup on TT 2.5 an ver 7. Great stuff. I am switching to TT from zoomplayer. I had problems with channel steering when I would do anything during the movie (i.e. pause, ff, rew etc.). My center could go to the left speaker, sub to right, the rest I do not know. Tried everything I could think of and hit a bunch of forums with no response. I use my HTPC as a pre/pro and have it hooked directly to my amps through a lynx 2B card. With TT I only was able to get the system to have a problem after I did a number of things that no one in their right mind would do. TT has been rock solid.

Is the setup for TT 2.5 in your skin?

Thanks
Larry

TheaterTek is there by default....all the command parameters have been there awhile. Also, which I think may be your question....the command line and PLAY buttons are all tied to TT command string in File Types tab. Be sure to checkout the coverart viewer pre-TT launch and shutdown....it is VERY slick.
As background read these threads:
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... a&start=45
http://www.theatertek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9998
And as you stated in the TT a better how-to and the DLL (plugin) for download....which is in my SKIN zip file.
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5686

As an FYI, I found that the internal player of XLobby PL 7 default does not use/access the NVidia codecs loaded with TT. It's no matter since you'll use TT for your play movie event tied to the command string in the file types tab anyway. But, anyone using the default XL PL 7 skin needs to be aware to change the Play Movie New section in Events or change the PLAY button in the Media Window to Play Movie.

For what it is worth I found a VERY easy way to handle remotes & keyboard. What I do is for my HTPC instead of a wired keyboard I use a wireless (IR...NOT RF). Example: http://www.nextag.com/KSI-2109-Wireless ... rices-html
I then just place one of my IR pickup sensors that comes from my Xantech block onto the front of the IR sensor that plugs into the HTPC. I do this because my HTPC is behind a wall so I have a sensor from the wall into the block. Anyway, if your HTPC is in the same room then no need for the Xantech stuff. So, you use the HTPC with this IR keyboard no problem. All you have to do is have your IR remote learn some of the keyboard IR functions. Place the keyboard in front of the remote and hit/learn keys like up/down/left/right for the remote arrow buttons....enter as enter key, space for pause, etc. It takes about 20 minutes tops. Thus, no girder, no worries about mapping commands, anything. Your IR remote is doing the same thing your IR keyboard is doing.

So, my last statement is I'm a NEWB too in skinning. I just read the guides and have looked at it somewhat. My skin is simplified edits for a basic WAF version. I plan to branch out and beef it up some so I can understanding skinning more......stay tuned. ;)
thekochs