Text glowing, and effects.

Got an idea, post it here

Text glowing, and effects.

Postby jowaldo on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:19 pm

Right now when I move around to highlighted objects with a remote, I just have the text on the button change colors or the style change to show that it is highlighted.

However sometimes when you look away from the screen, then look back it is not always easy to quickly see what is highlighted.

I thought it would be cool if there was an option to have the text or the outline grow and shrink in size when selected, almost like a pulse... Does that make sense? That effect could be done just by the size growing an shrinking at set size and rate. Would that be possible to add?
jowaldo

Postby Naylia on Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:38 pm

does xlobby supported animated gif's? Could proabably create a pulsing sensation by rolling a few images or the button in different stages of glowing to create the pulsing effect.
Naylia

Postby jowaldo on Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:15 pm

yes and no... I'm not sure if steven left it in or not, because I know there were some pretty bad performance issues with them.
jowaldo

Postby stevenhanna6 on Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:04 am

yikes, sorry no animation. That would be a bitch to do, just use a better "enter" image. thats my best suggestion.

yes animated gifs are still supported, but I would reserve using them for weather animations and stuff.
stevenhanna6