XLobby, Theatertek and introtrailers HOW?? PLEASE HELP!!

Help each other out

XLobby, Theatertek and introtrailers HOW?? PLEASE HELP!!

Postby skipper on Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:05 pm

Perhaps this is a stupid guestion, but here goes.

I have heard so much about Command line, Mapping, Path, Regedit and so on. Even saw there was a Command line in XLobby too.
Now perhaps I really am stupid, but I just cant figure it out. Please HELP!!

This is what I wish to do:

When I in XLobby select a movie and pust PLAY, I would like TT to play a THX/DTS trailer from this folder: C:/Intro
Then automaticly go on to playing the movie I selected.

Is this posible, and if so, HOW.
( please spell it out so that even I will understand )
:cry:

I dont even know if this is a XLobby or a TT related question.

Hope someone will help me out.
Thankyou

Skipper
skipper

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:32 am

theatertek trailers have to be in the video_ts format...just like a dvd....thats the 1st thing you have to do.....now once you have done that you should have something like

C:\Intro\trailer1\video_ts\trailer.vob
C:\Intro\trailer2\video_ts\trailer2.vob

in xlobby add the C:\intro path into the trailer box.......add the location to the theatertek exe to the dvd player box.....DO NOT TOUCH the command line box...leave it BLANK

thats it....I havent done this in a long time....but as far as I can recall thats the way to do it....tell me if it works or not.
stevenhanna6

Postby skipper on Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:27 pm

Thanks!!

It works, but only if I have the Intros as a DVD ( IFO, VOB and BUP fileset ).

Can I in any way play just VOB files. ? and if not. where do I get THX and DTS intros in IFO, VOB and BUP format??

Furthermore, is it posible to have XLobby play say: 1 movie traier then a THX intro and finaly a DTS intro?? It must be something about creating multiple drives?

Any help please.

Thanks again.

Skipper
skipper

Postby ddiv on Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:27 am

http://www.cinenow.com/fr/vobtrailer.php3

that site has all the dd and dts trailers in .VOB format. You will have to download IFOedit (if you havent already) and use the Create IFO funtion to set them up properly. Put them in their own folder/VIDEO_TS then rename them to VTS_01_1.VOB then open IFOEdit, click the Creat IFO button at the bottom and point it to the file you want it to do. Once its done, click on any one of the paths up in the top window of IFOEdit and then hit the GET VTS (I think thats the name) button at the bottom click ok to everything you get prompted and voila you haev properly setup .vobs with ifos to match. TT must have the IFOs to play the file.

hope this helps, it took me a while to find all the info so I hope ive saved you some hassle...let me know if there are any other questions.
ddiv

Postby skipper on Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:53 am

Thanks, But when I do so, I get a textbox saying no VOB units exists and Then I can only hit OK, and if I do nothing has happened???

Any Ideas??

All help is appreciated greatly

Thanks

Skipper
skipper

Postby howie on Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:46 pm

it only says that when you have not renamed the vob files properly it must be VTS_01_1.VOB all in capitals. i think this is your problem. if not please let me know.
howie

Postby ddiv on Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:41 pm

Also, when its doing its thing you will only have the option for OK...so just click it on everything...nothing spectacular happens to tell you that its done i dont think...im not even sure if it tells you its completed, the boxes just stop popping up, and int he top window you are left with 2 paths or files or whatever...then you do the get vts thing,

let us know how you make out

Oh and as was said above, the name for EACH vob has to be VTS_01_1.VOB...you can put the .vob in lowercase but it will just aske you if you want to rename it and you click yes. for each trailer you should have some dir structure similar to this C:/trailers/dolbycity/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB
ddiv

Postby skipper on Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:28 am

IT WORKS!! :D :D

Sorry to say this, but I apperantly renamed to VTS01_1VOB.VOB

So now that this is working, perhaps I can ask another Q.

How do you ( if posible ) play random trailers. Ex first one of 3 movie trailers, then one of 7 THX trailers, and finaly one of 2 DTS trailers.??

Thanks for the tremendous help. Wouldent have made it without you.

Skipper
skipper

Postby ddiv on Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:42 pm

This is where it gets less straightforward...you can dl a prog called preMovieManager (do a search in this foruma nd you will find links) and it can play random trailers, demos (like thx etc) and trivia before a movie, HOWEVER i cant get it to work perfectly with xlobby and TT yet as Im using the latest stable build and not the new exp...withthat said apparently the exp build will run it properly because you can stop xlobby from mounting the .VOBs to a virtual drive...someone correct me if Im wrong. As it is now, with thte current build it will play them, but my trailers and demos get played twice, im not sure why, but others have suggested the virtual drive. So I would dl pMM and play around with it, its quite neat.
ddiv

Postby mattdisaster on Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:47 pm

Or you can always ask steven to put in a random command for trailers, that could very well work. :lol: Good luck though, i gotta get into the trailers scene.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby ddiv on Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:18 pm

yeah that would be nice...but then you get into having to have 2 separate trailer "randomizers" one for demos and one for trailers. If xlobby can work with pMM ill be happy as a clam :) I really like hving my trailers play before a movie...I rip the theatrical trailers from my DVD collection so they are in .VOB and then at least every trailer tha plays is oen that I like and can watch if I want to :P
ddiv

Postby chadwolcott on Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:36 pm

I thought it used to play randomly, back in 39?
chadwolcott

Postby mattdisaster on Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:54 pm

I have most of my dvds on my harddrive, I'm starting think how neat it would be to have it play trailers to movies that i own and have handy. Good conversation piece. hrrmm.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby Colby on Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:14 pm

@mat
Thats a great idea! I agree, it would take some time and some resources to find all the specific dvd trailers, since you never know which ones are on which dvds. We could make a collective dvd trailer list and then find eachother with the trailer, and then maybe I or someone could make a website to up/ download the collected trailer vobs.
Sounds like a plan.
Colby

Postby ddiv on Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:05 pm

that would be great...the trailers turn out to be around 80 megs though...they arent small. Ive found most of my movies have trailers in the extras. You can sort in DVD profiler by trailers but it tended to give me EVERY movie on my list, so im not sure it works properly. The only tedious thing Ive found is that you have to rip the WHOLE movie, and then find the right vobID for the trailer...whenever Ive tried to explore the ifos right from the disc vobrator crashes on me. Has anyone else been successful with ripping just one part of a dvd?

oh...btw Im talking about the Theatrical trailers that are in some DVD extras...so the trailer for the movie that is on the DVD, not the random crap trailers they force you to watch before your movie. So its easy to figure out which movie has what trailer.
ddiv

Next