Jowaldo's Skin - Beta 2.1 - UPDATED for resource manager

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby PiDD on Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:56 pm

I will very soon, I just want to make all the changes to the music album cover art with the text around it to look right before I post it again. Plus a few other changes.

Great news I cant wait!

Can you just post only the files that changed? I customed a few screens with some volume control and stuff that would be nice not to have to redo.

Thanks
Rob
PiDD

Postby jowaldo on Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:30 pm

PiDD wrote:
I will very soon, I just want to make all the changes to the music album cover art with the text around it to look right before I post it again. Plus a few other changes.

Great news I cant wait!

Can you just post only the files that changed? I customed a few screens with some volume control and stuff that would be nice not to have to redo.

Thanks
Rob

I'd like to, but the problem is depending on what version of my skin someone is using, they may need more files than others, and to keep track of all that, well isn't really possible. I'd recommend unzipping my skin to a different dir, open it up.. see what changed, then copy the screens that have changed over.

Also if you create any custom events yourself, create them in a new group that is a unique name. That way if I add new events, or eventgroups you can just overwrite the old ones and not have to worry about my changes blowing away yours.
jowaldo

Postby PiDD on Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:03 pm

Good Idea, Any update on when we will see the new skin... no rush just pumped is all!

Rob
PiDD

Postby jowaldo on Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:11 pm

Maybe this afternoon... if not, tommorow
jowaldo

Play All in PPCMENU?

Postby oajungen on Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:35 pm

I am planning to start using a Wifi PDA as a remote for this template. I tried the ppcmenu for music, but couldn't find the button Play All. Is it possible to ad this in the ppcmenu for music?
oajungen

Postby jowaldo on Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:58 pm

What do you guys think of this? Like the way it looks?

Only thing I don't like about this, is now I can't fit nearly as many albums on this page, and if I do this on the "albums" page too, there really isn't any space at all for that... I'd really have to change that page for it to fit right (at least without making the cover art even smaller)
jowaldo

Postby oajungen on Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:10 pm

I like it!
oajungen

Postby sp00head on Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:20 pm

looks OK, but not sure with the green......
sp00head

Postby gingellr on Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:25 pm

Thanks for your ppc help, working pretty well at the moment. Have you had time to put the play all button on your new version when you release it.

As far as the main pc screens go, must admit i prefer the look with out the album text and just the pictures, especailly if you can get more albums on the screen. But thats just my opinion.

Can you also tell me how your external control buttons work for av amp etc, does it use the infared on the ppc or do you have some sort of ir transmitter on the pc?

Thanks

Richard
gingellr

Postby jowaldo on Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:33 pm

Ok the more I play around with this, I think I'm gonna have to stick to the old way of no text around the album name, the text looks too cluttered, and I can't fit nearly as many albums on the screen.

I'm sorry if this is an inconvenience for some, but I can't please everybody :(

For those who want to change it, its a really quick change... Just go into the skin editor, then "Edit Category" then under layouts choose one that you like.
jowaldo

Postby oajungen on Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:35 pm

No problemo!
I realy like the way you are communicating with us about your skin!
oajungen

Postby jowaldo on Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:41 pm

gingellr wrote:Thanks for your ppc help, working pretty well at the moment. Have you had time to put the play all button on your new version when you release it.

As far as the main pc screens go, must admit i prefer the look with out the album text and just the pictures, especailly if you can get more albums on the screen. But thats just my opinion.

Can you also tell me how your external control buttons work for av amp etc, does it use the infared on the ppc or do you have some sort of ir transmitter on the pc?

Thanks

Richard

Thanks for the input, I just added the play all to the ppc music note popup menu.

For the control pages, most everything is controlled via a usb-uirt, which so far works realllly well for me, its really cool to push just one button, and have everything turn on and to the right inputs. :D
jowaldo

Postby jowaldo on Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:43 pm

oajungen wrote:No problemo!
I realy like the way you are communicating with us about your skin!

Glad to help, I'm usually in the chat room too
jowaldo

Postby PiDD on Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:40 pm

NNOOOO dont give up so soon! :)

I like the text and making the album image smaller is a possiblity. or only putting the artist and not album name is another way.

But I understnd you have to like this yourself and please the masses! Great job BTW. Can you spin the name showing skin my way??

Thanks
Rob
PiDD

Postby jowaldo on Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:16 pm

PiDD, sorry but I can kinda meet you half way... try downloading this (just updated now)

http://members.cox.net/xlobby/jowaldo.zip

Bring up the quick view music page, open up the skin editor (hit the pause/break key) click the thumbnails portion of that page, then in the skin editor window click the "Edit Category" Then under layout change it from "default" to "split 1"

It should be preconfigured to be that new green style and everything. Does this work ok for you?

If it does I'll fix the Albums page so you can do that too...

BTW, all the other requests from earlier should be included in this download, let me know if anything is missing. Check out some of the control pages, and the events assigned to the buttons, I set up a lot of commands for use with my usbuirt, and its pretty freakin nice, especially when using the ppc :)
jowaldo

PreviousNext