rhinoman, help with Multizone setup?

Help each other out

rhinoman, help with Multizone setup?

Postby jmv on Thu May 06, 2004 1:29 pm

Rhinoman,

I think you and I have been pursuing a very similar path to multizone. But I think you are a couple of steps ahead. Would you be willing to walk me through a few things so I can catch up? :roll: I've used XLobby 2.0 since it was first introduced but I have only used it for DVD, this is my first foray into music!

Here is my setup (initially only using 4 zones off the first 410:

Server 2.4 GHz P4
Sound Card 1: M-Audio 410
Sound Card 2: M-Audio 410#2
XLobby 39 or 40? (I will be going server/client with a Dell Axim as client)
Winamp 2.x or 5.x?
PPC 802.11b Axim X5

Questions:
What build of Xlobby are you using? Can you briefly walk me through the Xlobby setup? Any pitfalls you ran into or other advice is what I am looking for...

What version of Winamp are you using? Is there is some tweak needed to get 5.x to work? How did you install the Winamp, just re-run the install app and state a new directory or did you copy the directory from the first install to each new zone? Again, Any pitfalls you ran into or other advice is what I am looking for...

M-Audio setup: What drivers did you use...any special options you selected during install or did you just go with the defaults?

Are you using PPC control yet? If so, any advice on that route would also be helpful.

thanks a huge amount!
jmv

Postby rhinoman on Thu May 06, 2004 4:53 pm

Only just seen your post!

I've been using 39 and 40, using the pre16 at the moment, they all seem to work.

Winamp 2.x, haven't tried 5 but I'm told there are some issues for multiroom.

I now have 3 Dell x5 with compact flash wifi, the £30 one from ebuyer and they work lovely (when my router plays along...long story in another thread)

I created a zones directory in an xlobby folder on my server, here I keep the version of xlobby that I'm using at that time (keeps it sepertate from my downloads).

The zones is setup using

Y:\xlobby\zones\zone name\winamp.exe
Y:\xlobby\zones\zonename2\winamp.exe
etc

I setup winamp to install to the default directyory c:\program files\winamp
added all the plugins that I use and then copoied it to the zone name folder, opened each one seperatly to setup the sound device and turn the volume from 100% and then close it again.

The 1st delta 410 uses direct sound but I had to use waveout on the second one as its not seperatly identified under directsound.

I used the drivers from maudios site, I dfont know if they are the ones on the disk or not?

Hope that helps.
rhinoman