Er, uh, how do I buy this thing?

Help each other out

Er, uh, how do I buy this thing?

Postby spongebue on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:43 pm

I feel a little ridiculous for asking this, but...

I just recently started using xLobby on a PC I'm building on the cheap. When I downloaded it, I thought it was freeware. Then the program told me I was using a preview version that would expire in 4 days. I don't mind paying for this, but I'm a little stuck here. I'm having a really hard time navigating through the main website and don't see any purchasing areas. I tried clicking on the activate button in the setup, but that doesn't seem to do anything. I have an internet connection while doing that. Could it be that the issue is with me running Windows 2000? I know that the requirements say XP/Vista, but 2000 is still an NT-based operating system.

If anyone could help me with this, I'd appreciate it. My system is a wee bit old for Windows XP (PIII, 1GHz) and I'd like to stick with 2000 if possible. xLobby seems to run fine, though.

Thanks,
Brian
spongebue

Re: Er, uh, how do I buy this thing?

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:11 am

Don't worry Brian, your not going crazy...well...at least not yet. Just wait till you start skinning and stuff. :twisted:

It used to be freeware, but it is not anymore :cry: . You most likely downloaded Steven's 4th preview. He is now on the 5th pre, which has an expire date of August. Xlobby is not actually being sold as of yet...most likely later in Sept. or Oct. And NO, Steven nor Wes has indulged us with how much it is going to cost.

It work currently on Win2k...I'm running a version on a PIII 733 with 396Megs of RAM. Slow to load, but works just fine thereafter, so it should run okay with your 1Gig machine. Steven has also indicated that he will be making a move to .Net3 which will then require WinXP or Vista. Kinda sucks for us guys whose machines are running fine with 2K. :cry: :cry:

Hope this was helpful.
Marbles_00

Postby Jay on Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:12 am

Pricing and full release date are pending. Patience :)
Jay

Postby spongebue on Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:21 am

Great, glad to know I'm not an idi- er, glad to know I'm not an idiot in this case :)

Jay, if you do make the move to .Net3, could you pleeeease make some .Net2 version available for purchase, too? I've fallen in love with this program already, to the point where I'd actually pay for it (and for a guy like me, that's saying a lot :lol: ) If I lost my ability to use it because of some incompatibility, I wouldn't be so happy :(

Thanks again.
spongebue

Postby Jay on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:52 am

spongebue wrote:Great, glad to know I'm not an idi- er, glad to know I'm not an idiot in this case :)

Jay, if you do make the move to .Net3, could you pleeeease make some .Net2 version available for purchase, too? I've fallen in love with this program already, to the point where I'd actually pay for it (and for a guy like me, that's saying a lot :lol: ) If I lost my ability to use it because of some incompatibility, I wouldn't be so happy :(

Thanks again.

I'm just a user and not affiliated with Calrad.
Jay