Any way to access "F2 functions" without hitting F2?

Help each other out

Any way to access "F2 functions" without hitting F2?

Postby WannaTheater on Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:45 am

Strange request, but there are a few function I would like to bring out of the "F2 menu" and into the skin.
1) Choose new skin and set resolution
2) Restart with new skin
3) Set XLobby Monitor (which setting in F2 restarts XLobby)
.. and perhaps a few more

Are there any plugins that can accomplish this?

Also, where is "F2" data stored? Is it in any use-accessable data files, does it get buried in the XL app itself, or perhaps in the registry?

Thanks!
WannaTheater

Re: Any way to access "F2 functions" without hitting F2?

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:28 am

Also, where is "F2" data stored?

Stored in the xlobby.xml file.
Marbles_00

Postby defrag on Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:34 am

You cannot directly modify the F2 variables whilst XLobby is running. What you can do though have an app or batch file close xlobby, manipulate the variables in the xlobby.xml file and restart xlobby.

I have such an app, it's a bit rough which is why it's not listed as a plugin but it allows me to toggle between 2 skins at different resolutions on 2 different monitors!! All of this is then assigned to a button on the remote. Plus the app can have a default skin set which means that it is also a launcher for xlobby, if xlobby is not running it picks the default skin, if it is running it picks the skin not currently set.

Let me know if you want it and I'll brush it off, make it presentable and post it.
defrag

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:13 pm

Actually there is a way to do exactly what is mentioned in your header. It is rather complicated and hacky though :D . Im using similar kinda aproach to move xl elements around. I wont reveal it for now though. Theres still much of testing to be done what can be achieved with this hack and what are its side effects.

To answer your skin related question though, i dont believe my above mentioned hush-hush aproach would provide any help, even if u change the skin or resolution attribute within F2 dialog, u will still need to restart xlobby to make changes have effect. That means it will be much simpler to just write directly into xlobby.xml file in your plugin and restart xl than using my complicated secret scheme to access F2 parameters. :D

I believe frenchies made skin change plugin a long time ago already...did they not?

EDIT: yep, they did. check this out.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby WannaTheater on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:00 pm

Thanks!

Defrag, sounds like a nice utility. If you by some chance get the time, I would love to take a look. (my goal is to have a button which will will move XLobby between monitors - restart is OK)
WannaTheater

Postby defrag on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:21 pm

No worries, gimme a few days as I'm a bit snowed under with work at the mo.

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:EDIT: yep, they did. check this out.

I saw sagitaz's app before, I just needed more :lol:
defrag