zp issues...:(

Speak your mind

zp issues...:(

Postby qbnkiller on Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:42 pm

....well, I have been at this damn zoomplayer issue for a couple of days, and it is really pissing me off!

Using the latest version of xl and heavy metal skin...installed xoap and winamp and .net 1.1. I have zp 4.03 PRO, and have ffdshow configured just right.

If I run zp outside of XL, it works just peachy. If I run (try) it inside of XL, I get the popup window PLAY COPY CANCEL. If I click PLAY, nothing happens. The button doesn't even turn red when you click it. The COPY button does nothing either. Did a site search, and played with a few different command-line parameters. Got pissed, and buleeted the xl folder and started over again, following the correct order as laid out in the HELP section (Jowaldo). Nothing. OK...let's change gears....tried default skin...nothing....tried Jowaldo's new skin...nothing...this sux!

Can I get ANY assistance with said problems please?

TIA
qbnkiller

..about to test the sinkrate of this damn computer!!!
qbnkiller

Postby lar282 on Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:48 am

1/ check the event for that play button.should be somthing like execute movies
2/ goto F2 and check the file types tab and find the row that correspond with the file extension u are trying. see if it enabled and it is set to movies database.
3/ check the line with the zoomplayer executable. Maybe its the wrong location or something.
4/ check the parameter of the executable.

if u dont get it to work.let us know what u have in the file types tab. make a screenshot and post it somewhere.its easier to see then.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby qbnkiller on Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:20 am

...well, one thing is for certain, I do NOT have a movies database....all my movies are on DVD, so I never created a link to a movies database. As far as the File Types, will post that later.

Thanks again,
qbnkiller
qbnkiller

Postby lar282 on Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:22 am

qbnkiller wrote:...well, one thing is for certain, I do NOT have a movies database....all my movies are on DVD, so I never created a link to a movies database. As far as the File Types, will post that later.

Thanks again,
qbnkiller

just create an event then and have the same parameters that u tried zp out with. map that event to the play button.

like this
FILE:
C:\Program Files\zoomplayer\zplayer.exe

Arguments:
/dvd /OPENDRIVE:E /f /PLAY
lar282

Postby qbnkiller on Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:22 am

..I have tried that...here are a few pics of what I have...

http://webpages.charter.net/alex.esnaola/image1.bmp
http://webpages.charter.net/alex.esnaola/zp_screen.bmp

the first picture is the File Types screen. Hopefully it shows you what you need to see.

the second picture is from the default skin zoom player screen. When I hit the PLAY button, nothing happens. I do NOT have a dual-view/split view setup. I tried setting that up (extended desktop) to see if it opened zp in the other window, and that does nothing also.

As I said, outside of xl, zp plays just fine. There has to be something I am possibly doing wrong...just need a point in the right direction.

Q
qbnkiller

Postby BaddaBing on Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:29 am

You have the right parameters but in the wrong place. The file types entry is for files stored on the hard drive - which yours are not.
When you insert a disk the "OFFLINE PLAY" event is invoked. What you need to do is this:

Press F2 to bring up the Setup window
Goto the Events tab
Expand the SKIN/MOVIES Folder
Find the 'OFFLINE MOVIE LAUNCH' event
Set it up as shown in the illustration below
-the path to zoomplayer should match your actual path
-the letter following the OPENDRIVE: parameter should be the drive letter for your DVD drive
The arguments tell ZP to:
/DVD {force dvd mode] /OPENDRIVE: {where the dvd is} /F {fullscreen} /Q {Close after movie ends}
Close the Setup window
Next bring up the skin editor and click on the GOTO tab.
Scroll down the list and find 'popupdvd' and click on it
The 'popupdvd' screen will be displayed
Click on the 'PLAY" button on the window to set focus
Click the ITEM/EVENT tab in the Skin editor
Click the "CLICK EVENT" assign button
Assign the OFFLINE MOVIE LAUNCH event
Close the editor

Next time you insert a DVD the 'popupdvd' window will appear
Click the PLAY button and off you go.
BaddaBing

Postby qbnkiller on Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:20 am

..thank you...that info was what I needed.

qbn
qbnkiller