Naylia's XLobbyMC Skin - Updated 1 JANUARY 2006 www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby Naylia on Thu May 05, 2005 4:05 am

v0.15 Changelog
-Finalized 'My TV' ppc screens.
-Music: Reset Views button added.

should now be a sleep button on one of the 'my tv' ppc screens that will switch focus back to xlobby, pushing menu on the ppc will not automatically do it like on the main screens because you should be able to browse other things on your ppc while Sage continues doing it's thing on the big screen

the buttons / text messed up happens because xlobby tries to scale to your resolution from the one it's developed at, you'll need to probably make minor adjustments to fix it because I'll probably keep the config management at 1280x720

open the skin editor by pushing "Pause/Break" and click on the 'Display' tab. If you click on My Weather with the editor open to the display tab it should highlight a resource, if you swap from the resource tab to the font tab you can adjust the size of the font and all buttons using that resource will have their font resized

use the Default tab to adjust the x/y coordinates and width/height of any objects, you can also click on items and then use the arrow keys to move them around
Naylia

Postby Naylia on Fri May 06, 2005 1:10 am

m_masta wrote:Hey Naylia,
I see you changed the 4:3 archive, cause it's bigger than the older file, but I still can't open it. It's giving me a "corrupted archive" message.

masta

ok i've been using winxp to create the zip file, i'll go download winzip and hopefully that will clean up any corruption problems, sorry about that
Naylia

Postby Naylia on Fri May 06, 2005 8:05 pm

are the zips downloading correctly for you guys now?
Naylia

Postby dgemily on Fri May 06, 2005 11:36 pm

Naylia wrote:are the zips downloading correctly for you guys now?

both zips are ok for me.
dgemily

V 1.00 released!

Postby Naylia on Tue May 10, 2005 1:11 am

v1.00 Changelog
-Complete PPC screens
---My TV (controls SageTV)
---My Videos (screens for ZP + TT)
---My Music
---My Weather
-Weather:Refresh added
-Now Playing:Visualizations added
Naylia

Postby jmb295 on Tue May 10, 2005 2:36 pm

Naylia,

The skin looks great, and thanks for putting in all the hard work. One recommendation I would like to make is a now playing section on the bottom of the screen somewhere like in some of the other skins. Such as a cd cover /track title/ and time.
jmb295

Postby Naylia on Tue May 10, 2005 4:34 pm

I thought about that but the issue I had was that it would show the current song even when the music is stopped. So I've been thinking maybe just inside the music section screens only. I also need to find a good little space for it. I'd prefer the bottom corner where the shuffle/repeat buttons are. Maybe I could leave those on the playlist screen only and put the now playing on the all music and detail screen. Whaddya think?
Naylia

v1.01 released!!

Postby Naylia on Tue May 10, 2005 10:55 pm

v1.01 Changelog
-Added Splash screen
-Altered Now Playing:Visualize button
-Added IR event for 'My TV'
Naylia

Bombs out during startup

Postby v8dave on Wed May 11, 2005 1:58 pm

I have installed your skin but when it gets to:
Loading: Preparing to start
It crashes out of Xlobby with no warnings or errors. ie, Xlobby just seems to exit.

The default skin is OK.

Have not tried any other skins as my touch screen PC only has a 640 x 480 display.

Thanks
Dave...
v8dave

Postby Naylia on Wed May 11, 2005 2:25 pm

Use this pre-release:
http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2prerelease1.zip

with the latest exe:
http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip

Let me know if it still crashes.
Naylia

Postby v8dave on Wed May 11, 2005 2:58 pm

Naylia wrote:Use this pre-release:
http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2prerelease1.zip

with the latest exe:
http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip

Let me know if it still crashes.

Yes, that now works. Will give it a good test out tonight.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Dave...
v8dave

Postby Naylia on Wed May 11, 2005 4:15 pm

Great! :D
Naylia

Postby lovingHDTV on Fri May 13, 2005 8:00 pm

Looks and works great. I use it on my SageClient box.

But a question also :)

When I'm on the ppctv3 screen and hit guide, I get the guide screen up on Sage, but how can I also have the PPC move to screen ppctv? When you go to the guide, you immediately have to use the directional keys to navigate the guide screen, and I have to hit, previous previous to get there. I was hoping to have it move to ppctv along with the guide screen on Sage. I tried adding an exit event, and that kind of worked, I did get moved to ppctv screen, but the next time I went back to ppctv3 it put me back on ppctv. The second attempt to enter ppctv3 works.

It seems that I can only hit the button once every second or so. Is this a skin thing or a Xlobby setting that I can change. I find when I'm traversing screens I would like to move faster.

thanks again,
lovingHDTV

Postby Naylia on Fri May 13, 2005 10:53 pm

I'll update in my next update, because that's a good call that it should act that way and here's how you'll want to do it.

Currently the Guide button on the PPC screens uses the SageTV:Guide command, which is broadly used for both ppc and touchscreen. With suggestions like yours I'll make ppc specific version of some of the items which always need a certain action next.

-Press 'F2' to open setup
-Goto 'Event Manager' tab
-Expand 'Skin' under 'Events'
-Expand 'ppc'
-Click on the 'ppc' folder
-Click 'Add Event'
-name it something like 'SageTV-Guide'
-Expand 'SageTV' (same level as ppc)
-Expand 'Guide'
-Click on 'send message' under the 'Guide' event
-without clicking on another event or action scroll up to your newly created ppc / SageTV-Guide event and click on it
-Click 'Add' in the bottom right corner
-In the 'Commands' tab window scroll until you see 'Xlobby' and then expand it.
-select 'goto screen'
-set 'Screen Name' to 'ppctv'
-click 'Add'

So now we have an event that sends SageTV to the Guide screen and then sends the ppc to the ppctv screen.

-Ok Close setup.
-Press 'Pause/Break'
-Use the goto tab and goto the ppctv3 screen
-Click the 'Guide' button on the screen
-Set the Skin Editor to 'Item' mode
-Goto the 'Event' tab
-Press the 'Assign' button under 'Click Event'
-browse to your new ppc event and select it

And that's how you make an event and assign it to something, you can do the same thing to all your buttons that you want to transition or do multiple actions. If you think of some good ones like this that should transition let me know and i'll incorporate it into the next release. Or should they all just get it on ppctv3 since they're pretty much jump to a page, and the next thing I'll want to do is navigate?
Naylia

Postby Naylia on Fri May 13, 2005 10:58 pm

It seems that I can only hit the button once every second or so. Is this a skin thing or a Xlobby setting that I can change. I find when I'm traversing screens I would like to move faster.
This is mostly tied to the time it takes for a wifi-b connection to send an action to xlobby and recieve back the appropriate updated screen. When ever you do anything it happens almost instantly, for instance, push play and music starts quickly, but when you do anything i think xlobby sends back a refreshed screen and this takes a second roughly over the wifi-b connection. and you can't do anything until that second has passed so you'll have to limit channel surfing to about a second per push, after time you'll develop a rythm to it. I think faster wireless would improve this but I don't think G is available for ppcs yet.
Naylia

PreviousNext