What are people using for Shoutcast?

Speak your mind

What are people using for Shoutcast?

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:55 am

Since the shoutcast plugin has gone to the wind, I've used PLSDownloader, though I haven't used it for a few months now. Since I implimented a refresh routine in my ZoneSkin, I've been trying to run it, but I'm getting a message that the system is "Sleeping". Has anyone else who is using the PLSDownloader been successful in attain shoutcast info? What are people using now? Would be nice for a code monkey here to reverse engineer the shoutcast plugin....or maybe a code B3ar? :wink:
Marbles_00

Re: What are people using for Shoutcast?

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:48 am

* Takes a step back, and pushes monkey forward * tough luck rhinoman! :D

We gotta get more animals into here! :lol:
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby dalanik on Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:40 am

Marbles_00 wrote: Would be nice for a code monkey here to reverse engineer the shoutcast plugin....or maybe a code B3ar? :wink:

Yeeea!!!! :-)
dalanik

Postby rhinoman on Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:43 am

Still using shoutcast here with the shoutcast server. Have the install files if you need them.
rhinoman

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:22 am

Sorry, I should have defined my question better. I'm wondering what people are using to update their shoutcast database? The XShoutcast plugin was awesome until the shoutcast site made a change to which the developer never kept up with...hence that plugin failed to refresh. I used to use the PLS Downloader...but lately it is only responding that everything is asleep. Just wondering if there was something out there now, that could integrate with xlobby that would allow for refreshing of the database with a current list of stations.
Marbles_00

Postby jowaldo on Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:10 pm

I know that shoutcast (and internet radio in general) is a big priority for Wes and Steven... So I'm sure its not far off till its built back in the core.
jowaldo

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:44 pm

I know that shoutcast (and internet radio in general) is a big priority for Wes and Steven

Yeah, but for my own reasons/concerns...I don't want to rely on them.
Marbles_00

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:10 pm

Gee, I wonder why that is Marbles_00, they've been so communicative lately :wink:
cmhardwick

Postby jowaldo on Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:59 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:
I know that shoutcast (and internet radio in general) is a big priority for Wes and Steven

Yeah, but for my own reasons/concerns...I don't want to rely on them.

I understand.... but have faith guys... right now is a big transition phase.

But yeah I totally understand ;)
jowaldo

Postby defrag on Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:34 pm

OK, I've been playing with a new Shoutcast plugin, done from scratch, with added run-time winamp features. It's sidetracked me over the past few days and I should be ready to beta it soon, so watch the plugin pages. (Marbles... check yer pm)

I'm aware that internet radio maybe featured in the new version... but like others, my system is already built and working and the wife is used to it now (plus I've spent a lot out already). So this will be dedicated to the free version and will stay there if the new version does something better.
defrag

Postby jowaldo on Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:40 pm

defrag wrote:OK, I've been playing with a new Shoutcast plugin, done from scratch, with added run-time winamp features. It's sidetracked me over the past few days and I should be ready to beta it soon, so watch the plugin pages. (Marbles... check yer pm)

I'm aware that internet radio maybe featured in the new version... but like others, my system is already built and working and the wife is used to it now (plus I've spent a lot out already). So this will be dedicated to the free version and will stay there if the new version does something better.

Sweet man! does it let you browse the shoutcast directory?
jowaldo

Postby defrag on Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:52 pm

ish... that wan't my main focus, but now you mention it!!! 8)

I was going to open up the cat building to ALL genres, allow scheduling of cat updates, switch-able real-time now playing updates for displayed items, try to prise more realtime info from winamp for the now playing etc...

Wait and see - like all spiders, it relies on internet speed and my parsing code (which is pretty darn quick).

:shock: just had a brainwave, just thought of how to do real time browsing..... now who wants to do me some real nice genre icons :lol: !!!!
defrag

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:24 pm

now who wants to do me some real nice genre icons

ME....Meeeee.....I Do....I DO!!!
Marbles_00

Postby jowaldo on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:48 pm

defrag wrote:ish... that wan't my main focus, but now you mention it!!! 8)

I was going to open up the cat building to ALL genres, allow scheduling of cat updates, switch-able real-time now playing updates for displayed items, try to prise more realtime info from winamp for the now playing etc...

Wait and see - like all spiders, it relies on internet speed and my parsing code (which is pretty darn quick).

:shock: just had a brainwave, just thought of how to do real time browsing..... now who wants to do me some real nice genre icons :lol: !!!!

I'm sure marbles can do a better job than the ones I have... but I have a few I did for steven and wes a few months ago if you want them
jowaldo

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:56 pm

hey does it support shoutcast telly too... :D

What what?? me after the p0rn? me P3rv3rt? never 8)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Next