Xlobby plugin development

Re: xTopPicks - Beta

Postby scottw on Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:50 pm

Great....thanks.
scottw

Postby scottw on Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:24 pm

Hey Defrag...sorry to bug you again :(

I have a problem but think I know the cause and the solution but guess what...only you can fix it :lol: :lol:

Long story short if you do not want to read my long winded post, the xtoppick-music db is setup like this:
Code: Select all
Song1
Song2
Song3
etc...

Can it be setup like this:
Whatever
   -
   -Song 1
   -
   -Song2
   -
   -Etc...

with a folder containing all of the tracks.

Here is what I found out.

I have a list of the last 25 songs added in the xtoppick-music database and I can play them fine but when I try to queue them to my playlist it will play the first song and then stop playing and winamp does not show any other song in the playlist but Xlobby does.

Clicking on each of the songs to play they play fine but for some reason Xl needs them arranged differently for queueing. I have a these songs showing in a list on there own page and upon clicking each song I have it do a "track add" command to add them to the current playlist which it does. If I start with a blank playlist and click each song I want to queue the first song starts playing and each song there after shows up on the XL playlist screen (great so far). After the first song is over the music stops and looking directly at Winamp and click the "PL" to see the playlist it only shows the one song even though Xl still shows more songs in the playlist.

If I go into the xtoppick-music DB, click "add new item" and call it whatever I want and then move each track into this folder everything works fine, not really sure why but it does.

Do you have the same results as I do????

Thanks,
scottw

Postby scottw on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:11 am

Hey Defrag,

I know you are probably busy with other stuff but if it is not to much trouble do you think you could look into my request. Basically all I need is when the xtoppick-music db is populated at startup it puts the tracks in a folder of some sort inside of the db called anything you want like this:
Whatever
   -
   -Song 1
   -
   -Song2
   -
   -Etc...

I have detailed it a little more in my previous post. I would hate to have you knock up a version just for me because I am not sure if anyone else has this problem, but if it would not be to much trouble do you think you can look into it :D

If you don't have time for this I will understand.

Thanks for all of your contributions!!!
scottw

Postby defrag on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:21 pm

Hi Scott,

Sorry not to have looked at this, I remember seeing your post - then got hit by some massive real world work which has had me busy up till recently, just really starting to trickle back into xlobby stuff.

Happy to take a look - I think I could just add an option in the config screen to add a parent folder in the xml.

I'll keep you posted - so to speak :lol:
defrag

Postby scottw on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:27 pm

defrag wrote:Hi Scott,

Sorry not to have looked at this, I remember seeing your post - then got hit by some massive real world work which has had me busy up till recently, just really starting to trickle back into xlobby stuff.

Happy to take a look - I think I could just add an option in the config screen to add a parent folder in the xml.

I'll keep you posted - so to speak :lol:

Awesome!!! Thanks so much!!!
scottw

Postby defrag on Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:26 pm

Scott,

New test release of the plugin here.

Back up your existing dll first (just in case!!!) You will see in the config a new tick box to add a wrapper element - give it a whirl and let me know how you get on. If all is ok I'll make it a proper release... and I haven't forgotten about the multi filter on the same category either :D
defrag

Postby scottw on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:37 pm

Thanks for the fast update.

I just tried it and the "add extra wrapper" does not seem to be sticking. I go into the plugin and set it up the way I want:

Restart XL, check the DB and the tracks are listed the old way without being contained in a folder. Goto the plugin and Edit the "Configured Category" and it shows the Wrapper unchecked. The weird thing is if I look at the xTopPicks.xml it shows "<wrapper>True</wrapper>"

:?: :?: :?:
scottw

Postby defrag on Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:13 pm

OK - I'll check into that - did it do what you wanted when it added the wrapper tag? (ie added an <items/> element around the items)
defrag

Postby scottw on Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:33 pm

defrag wrote:OK - I'll check into that - did it do what you wanted when it added the wrapper tag? (ie added an <items/> element around the items)

Sorry I am not really following what you are asking. I still have the same results that I had with the old version.

The xTopPicks.xml I referred to in my last post was the config for xtopPicks.

Should I be seeing something different???

What I have now as my xtoppick-music DB is this:

What I need is something like this:

Does that make sense???

Thanks a bunch for helping me with this!!!!!
scottw

Postby defrag on Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:19 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sussed it, I've managed to replicate the sub items now. Just tidying up the config screen and I'll post a new dll shortly.
defrag

Postby scottw on Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:21 pm

You the MAN!!!
scottw

Postby defrag on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:57 pm

Scott,

Try this one here.

I'm hoping this will do it....
defrag

Postby scottw on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:15 am

Yup!!!! That works great....thanks for knocking that out for me. I really appreciate it.

Can't wait to see what else you come up with *cough* multi filter on the same category *cough* :lol: :lol:

Just kidding I appreciate all the work you have put into the plugins. Sucks that you can't do the DB refresh without a restart on the free version but I know that is not you but XL itself.

Thanks again!!!
scottw

Postby defrag on Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:31 am

Hi Scott,

Glad it all works ok.

Just a note on the update issue, it does work if and only if you are not connecting to a xnet server. If you plan to use the plugin in a non-client stand-alone scenario then the manual db updates will work. I have tested this on both latest freelobby and v2.

As for the multi-filter - this is in the works as I type... the fun part is reworking the config screen to make it understandable!!!
defrag

Postby scottw on Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:55 pm

defrag wrote:Hi Scott,

Glad it all works ok.

Just a note on the update issue, it does work if and only if you are not connecting to a xnet server. If you plan to use the plugin in a non-client stand-alone scenario then the manual db updates will work. I have tested this on both latest freelobby and v2.

As for the multi-filter - this is in the works as I type... the fun part is reworking the config screen to make it understandable!!!

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I am running Xnet but oh well you can't have everything.

Can't wait to see the Multi-filter 8) 8) 8)
This plugin has definitely made my wife happy...she was having a hard time remembering what new songs we have put on, now she can just use this plugin to see the last 50 songs that were added (in order!!!!).

Thanks again.
scottw

PreviousNext