Variable Manager

Got an idea, post it here

Variable Manager

Postby Lul on Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:22 am

Hy,

Might it be possible to implement a variable manager in xlobby ?
I mean create our own variables and manipulate them with script like it's done in girder.
Lul

Postby badubo on Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:30 am

I double this :wink:

And it will be really great if we can access them (and all "standard" variables of xlobby) from a plugin. (Throught the sendcommand)

A good idea is also to have some helper variables like :

- the CDROM letter used
- the skin used
- the resolution
badubo

Postby Lul on Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:44 pm

Merci du soutien
Lul

Postby C-moi on Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:23 pm

A good idea is also to have some helper variables like :

- the CDROM letter used
- the skin used
- the resolution

It would simplify the installation of skins for the new users of xl ! we use the autoplay Image for cd audio, DVD video, discs with movies (DVD or CD)
C-moi

Postby Lul on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:10 pm

I just want add it will also be an easy way to do "toogle button" or "radio button" that are often requested in this Forum.
Lul

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:25 pm

I just want add it will also be an easy way to do "toogle button" or "radio button" that are often requested in this Forum.

this will end up being done with the help of the event manager just havent gotten around to adding it.

- the CDROM letter used
- the skin used
- the resolution

make me a full list and I will add them all :)
stevenhanna6

Postby az5 on Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:46 am

Hi,

My "wishlist" concerning variables:

- a object GetVariable(string name) in XPluginHelper. Accessing variables with a command would be very usefull. But a variable may contain other types apart from strings. An object GetVariable would allow to access those other types.
- it would be usefull if variables would be expanded in the parameters to commands (http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2186, http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1778). One example could be a keyboard-plugin, and the entered value is passed to another plugin via the parameter.

- aditionally a variable with the name of the current screen. This would allow a plugin to load the corresponding file and offer a better interaction. Maybe some kind of notification if a screen is changed with the skin editor would be usefull.

Albert
az5