xLiveShout v1.2.1

Xlobby plugin development

Re: xLiveShout v1.0

Postby defrag on Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:44 pm

new version up!! see start of thread. 8)
defrag

Postby Jay on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:01 pm

Defrag. Works a treat as you chaps say. Wondering if you've contacted Calrad regarding native player compatibility? I'm about to purchase the commercial version but absolutely want your ShoutCast plugin with zoning capability. My worry is that they might not support Winamp at some point.
Jay

Postby defrag on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:16 pm

Hi Jay, all I know is that Steven will be working on the internal player as they have some plans for internet radio - what they are I do not know. I did ask Steven about the external players and there are no plans to remove existing support for them. I guess that until the internal player can match the functionality of winamp for shoutcast and zoning then that will remain true.

Apart from that, glad you like the plugin 8)
defrag

Postby Jay on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:34 pm

Excellent. Thanks for the feedback.
Jay

Postby sharp_1 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:58 pm

defrag:

Is the zip you uploaded working, I seem to be having a problem trying to extract it???
sharp_1

Postby Jay on Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:11 am

Odd, did you try a second DL?
Jay

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:50 am

Jay wrote:Odd, did you try a second DL?
And a 3rd, 4th and 5th.
Can you email me what you have Jay? sharpDOT2006ATyahooDOTcom
sharp_1

Postby scottw on Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:05 am

defrag wrote:Favorites, pain in the butt!! I have allowed you to save to a favorites category. But these cannot be refreshed like the normal station list as there is no real way to search the shoutcast site for a single station!! So it's just a static list - no variables. You can delete from the category using the DeleteFavorite command, passing in the category parameter. I haven't built this into the test skin - no time!!!

Does this mean the favorites you add will not show up until you restart XL, that is the way it seems for me but maybe I am doing something wrong :D
scottw

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:54 am

Sharp, have you tried to download it with a different browser. I got a corrupt package when I downloaded with internet explorer. I then used firefox and it downloaded just fine.
Marbles_00

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:15 am

scottw wrote:Does this mean the favorites you add will not show up until you restart XL, that is the way it seems for me but maybe I am doing something wrong :D

If you add an item to favorites them it should show up when the overlay is opened - that's what is happening for me. Does is work for you with the test skin?

Marbles_00 wrote:Sharp, have you tried to download it with a different browser. I got a corrupt package when I downloaded with internet explorer. I then used firefox and it downloaded just fine.

I can download and unzip fine with IE7 - obviously tested this after posting the link. Sharp - I've emailed you the zip - see if you still have an issue with it. What are you using to open it?
defrag

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:44 am

It would appear that in my eagerness to get this out yesterday - I made a fluff with the test skin as things do not appear to be working correctly with the new version. I am looking into this and will repost later today.

EDIT: Hah, the error is with me and not with xlobby! It seems that there is a minor exception being thrown during the scraping process and this is stopping xlobby from completing the screen redraws (if that means nothing to people - sorry!) Now I know what it is - fix coming soon!!!
defrag

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:39 pm

You have to admire a programmer that owns up to his mistakes :lol:

Great plugin defrag. I haven't played with the full release yet, since the beta 2 is working so well (scared to touch it). I'll let you know. i LOVE this especially as we found the work-around to use it on the pay version, it will open it up to those people as well.
Last edited by cmhardwick on Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cmhardwick

Postby scottw on Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:49 pm

defrag wrote:If you add an item to favorites them it should show up when the overlay is opened - that's what is happening for me. Does is work for you with the test skin?

No only when I restart. Are you still using the newest beta copy? If so I think that may be it. I am using the test skin.

I am using the latest "free" copy and have been struggling with this same thing with the Playlist. I have a current playlist and add a song to it, click save, go into a different playlist and then back into the first one and the song I just added is not there. If I look at the playlist "file" itself the new song does show and will show in XL once I restart Xl.
What I think is XL only reads the current playlists at startup and cannot be refreshed with a command (that I know of).
Can someone else verify this for me, Marbles maybe????

I can also verify that this is fixed in the latest beta but I do not think I am going to be purchasing XL.

If you have a way to fix this or figure out what I am doing wrong (with the playlist and favorites) I will be forever grateful :lol: :lol:

Thanks!!!

EDIT: I just checked and I was using the NOV.24th copy. Just installed the FEB 28th 07 copy and still had the same problem.
scottw

Postby Jay on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:12 pm

Defrag, I'm migrating the commercial version. I know that the internal player doesn't work. However, I just realized that when I use Winamp, the volume control has no effect.

I copied the plugin and my Shoutcast screen, in which I had the FreeLobby showMusicContros embedded, to the commercial version. I went F2> Audio> added the path to Winamp 5.5, which is in my FreeLobby folder and shut down XL. I brought it back up and WinAmp was my player. It functions fine except the volume control has no effect.

Looking further, I can go into (menu) >setup >audio and control the volume using Music Player Volume. Master Volume has no effect, so that's a clue.

I doubt very much that this is due to your plugin because the same thing is happening when I try to adjust the volume on my ripped CDs. But, I ask since you've recently been very heavy into this.

TIA

Edit.
I've added Event buttons to take me to the audiocontrols screen, That's fine until I get this sorted.
Jay

Re: xLiveShout v1.1

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:51 pm

Hi all!

New release - please see first post.

I have reworked the favorites database and category completely. YOU MUST DELETE ANY EXISTING XLIVESHOUT DATABASES. (Sorry just wanted to make that clear)
The favorites now work in a similar way to the station category, in that it is a blank database with a number of empty slots based on the number of stations you return. When you add a station it adds it to the category and displays in the overlay correctly. I know it seems a bit of a hasstle - but hey it works. Also the major bug that slipped into the last release is resolved.

Enjoy
defrag

PreviousNext