My Thread

Speak your mind

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:47 pm

Oh man!! i survived, well atleast so far... pathology data is available in two weeks... but operation was totally painless... I mean just checkup in dentist hurts more.... Allthough i was almost passing out when it was finished and saw piece of meat they removed... :shock:

Anyways now it is starting to hurth while numbness is vanishing... i better get doped up...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Goddamn Hollywood has gone to far!

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:59 pm

Last night i couldnt see any dreams, cause they were encrypted!! and i couldnt crack the DRM...

i guess i shouldnt read about AACS in wee hours...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:15 pm

Whas up lobyists?

Im trying to hunt down bugs in xP3rT, but each time i get one down, i manage to introduce two new ones... and i dont even work on M$ :shock: !!! oh man this code really makes me plug my hair out (well whats left of it anyway)...
P3rv3rt B3ar

USBUIRT range

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:36 pm

Hey guys,

I was finally doing my "infrastructure" today and not so surprisingly M$ MCE remotes included emitters turn out to be utter crap. That was totally expected on price range... so now im thinking about getting USB-UIRT, but i would like to hear some use experience, before wasting about 70€, incase that solution is as useless.

So USB-UIRT users out there, how are its internal emitters? especially what is its working range (transmitting, not receiving)? can i forexample control whole rack of audio equibment with just one USB-UIRT? if yes on what distance does it work well? can i even install USB-UIRT on ceiling behind seating area and still expect it working relatively well?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:23 pm

Surely somebody must have USB-UIRT, cause they seem so popular, and can provide me some quick answers, no?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby bmblank on Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:40 pm

You seem lonely here.
We have usbuirt but haven't tried to get it working yet.
bmblank

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:54 pm

bmblank wrote:You seem lonely here.
We have usbuirt but haven't tried to get it working yet.

yeah, i was already worrying this turning to monologue :D

great... give me feedback when u have change to test.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby bmblank on Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:36 pm

It'll be at least next weekend. Very little time after work to play.
bmblank

Postby bfauska on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:30 pm

P3rv,

I am not transmiting too far with my USBuirt but i suppose it is still worth giving you an example. My HTPC is in my entertainment center with my DVD changer, reciever and cable box sitting directly above it. I have my Uirt in the stack with all of those and when I transmit commands from the uirt to the changer it is using only the internal emmiter and bouncing it around the room to get the signal to the changer/reciever. I think that you have a Sony DVD changer too so you should know that the ir reciever in them is not so sensitive. Sometimes I use a mirror about 5 feet in front of the setup to make sure it works, but I think I will add some external emmiters soon.

Hope this helps,
Brian
bfauska

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:59 pm

Thanx, this was enough info to convince me about USB-UIRT... but also i didnt even think about reflecting... now i have to take time-out to see if its actually possible to use OEM IRtrans of my HTPC box to do task with mirror technique...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby bfauska on Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:17 pm

That mirror technique is an example of what I like to call "Ghetto Tech." :D

Sometimes the simpleist things work, no matter how silly they sound.

Good luck.
Brian
bfauska

Re: USBUIRT range

Postby rembetis on Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:48 pm

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:So USB-UIRT users out there, how are its internal emitters? especially what is its working range (transmitting, not receiving)? can i forexample control whole rack of audio equibment with just one USB-UIRT? if yes on what distance does it work well? can i even install USB-UIRT on ceiling behind seating area and still expect it working relatively well?

UIRT emitter range is very good -- can't quantify it for you, but I know the blaster is powerful. But to insure a received signal every time, I hooked up some mini blasters to the the 1/8" jack on the back and arranged the emitters so they're right in front of my gear. You can split the line and run up to 4 emitters I believe.
rembetis

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:40 am

Thanks for reviews guys... looks like ill be ordering UIRT soon...

Marbles_00 wrote:Realized though that it was a happy but sad day. Happy for my daughter starting a new chapter in her life :D . Sad to see a chapter closed in mine :cry: .

Wooh, :shock: time out. wasnt she just 4? school at age of four? That sounds retarded to me, i knew they do that in france, and states but...

I dont know, here we start school at age of seven and yet comparative studies rank our education system one of the best in world... (well elementary atleast)...

hehe mayby your kids just get bored with school earlier now :)
P3rv3rt B3ar

2 mobo configurations?

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:54 pm

To answer for two key problems, namely lack of sufficient bus slots and some mother-daughter conflicts, in my system i started today thinking about novel aproach... building system with two mobos, other responsible for all video processing and other assuming general htpc duties like frontending... Anybody does something like this? is the concept worth of investigating further? any thoughts?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:31 pm

Whats up lobbyists?

My X10 stuff has arrived to town, very fast delivery from belgium indeed, only bummer is that, my schedule didnt match with DHL-curiers, so i have to wait till tomorrow to play with new toys :( damn! well atleast i wont have excuses not to code xPerT...
P3rv3rt B3ar

PreviousNext