Can Xlobby run a sony dvp-cx777es using wireless touch scree

Speak your mind

Can Xlobby run a sony dvp-cx777es using wireless touch scree

Postby burg650 on Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:12 pm

I just got a Sony DVP-CX777ES 400 disk DVD player and I have a computer that is used for my DVR and it has a View Sonic Air Panel V150 wireless touch screen monitor. My question is can I use Xlobby to control the DVD player and all the disk in it, how does Xlobby compare to Cinemar DVDLobby3.

What I am looking for is a way to control the cx77es from the computer and all the DVD's in it and be able to see art work and all info on any disk be able to have some sort of a search engine that instead of going through all the DVD's can search by movie name or actor or type of movie, hopefully this software will be able to find the disk and art work info automatically can't imagine in putting info for 400 DVD's.

Thanks
burg650

Re: Can Xlobby run a sony dvp-cx777es using wireless touch scree

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:27 pm

burg650 wrote: My question is can I use Xlobby to control the DVD player and all the disk in it

Next time, newb, do search a little first before asking questions which have been answered gazillion times.

yes u can, with little piece of external software. (from sourceforge)

EDIT: and u better prepare for filling info with hand... however, if u use software like DVD profiler, u only need to swing barcode reader and type in 777 slot number...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby burg650 on Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:50 pm

Can someone please tell me what other than Xlobby software and or plug in's will I need to load in my computer to run the CX777ES.

PS: and yes I am a newb and this is all new for me and if I post something that has been answered a gazillion times it is because I am in need of answers that I could not find and sure don't want to get stuck by some of the gazillion problems that other has had, not all of us are experts at this and we all have to start somewhere....
burg650

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:44 pm

burg650 wrote:PS: and yes I am a newb and this is all new for me and if I post something that has been answered a gazillion times it is because I am in need of answers that I could not find and sure don't want to get stuck by some of the gazillion problems that other has had, not all of us are experts at this and we all have to start somewhere....

:shock:

How about starting typing "777" to search field. All threads u will find are related to your player. and one of them describes thoroughly from ground up how to integrate it with xlobby. But instead u expect us to re-type all that for u?

and its not really a plugin but little stand alone commandline software, i dont have a link right now, but its available from sourceforge, im pretty sure they have search function too ;)

EDIT: http://xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3837 heres the linky to the key thread... within u can find linky to the utility.

And to answer your question how XL compares to DVDlobby... Xlobby is way with more effort but also more freedom. I tried both, and chose XL.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby damiene on Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:35 pm

..but instead of just answering the guys question with a couple of links you woud rather take the time to write a flame 6 paragraphs long...and THEN answer his question and help him out...sometimes its best to keep quiet

what have forums come to
damiene

Postby burg650 on Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:46 pm

I have been going through some of the gazillion posting as so eloquently suggested by someone on how to get my 777 to work with my computer and I am more confused than before and I think this might be a much bigger under taken that I first anticipated and not even sure if I will be able to do it as most of what I read I do not understand. Still have not found any post on what I need to get it up and running and so many other have been having so much problems trying to make it all work together. There has to be someone who is willing to give me more info on what I need and some how to, I do not except it to all fall in my lap but just telling me to search myself and saying things like But instead u expect us to re-type all that for u? is sure not what I expected to get from a forum.
burg650

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:53 pm

:lol:

I guess im waiting Sharp to rescue, he is equibbed much more patience than yours truly... (take a look of postings made by him theres pretty good tutorials and if i remember correctly he even started to write a documentation about integrating changers to xlobby)

Like i said, its not easy, but its worth of the trouble.

Damienne dudette... take the peas out of your nose and snort cocaine instead...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby sharp_1 on Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:17 pm

burg650:
If you don't have these loaded already, here is what you will need to get started:
1) Free version of xLobby
2) Serial control DOS-based utility for Sony DVP-CX777ES changers was written by the guy named Sven couple of years ago. It is specific to 777ES changers. It is freely available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cx777es-rs232/.
3) Create online DVD catalog using DVD Profiler 3.x
4) Sony DVP-CX777ES MegaChanger
5) Null Modem DB 9 F/F cable Molded - 6ft

Make sure to follow instructions in galileo2000's tread and go from there. I did start documentation of how to setup everything but with the big question of the direction of XL we'll see if it ever gets done. For now just be patient and read thru the forums and you'll get there. Believe me...when you get it, it's awesome!!
sharp_1

Postby CiXel on Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:58 am

sharp_1 wrote:burg650:
If you don't have these loaded already, here is what you will need to get started:
1) Free version of xLobby

3) Create online DVD catalog using DVD Profiler 3.x

The "free" version of XL doesn't read the DB's exported from DVD profiler 3 if I'm not mistaken. This was added in one of the pre-release versions.
CiXel

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:49 pm

Then you will need to use jovial_mood's DVDPro3.x converter.
sharp_1

Postby CiXel on Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:28 pm

Sweet-
Nice link!

Thanks
(maybe it's finally time to get off 2.0 ;)
CiXel

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:41 pm

CiXel wrote:Thanks
(maybe it's finally time to get off 2.0 ;)

Cixel:
Are you able to pull movie covers from DVDPro 2.4, I thought the DVDPro 2.4 was not going to be updated with new covers anymore?
sharp_1

Postby CiXel on Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:03 pm

sharp_1 wrote:Are you able to pull movie covers from DVDPro 2.4, I thought the DVDPro 2.4 was not going to be updated with new covers anymore?

This is true. I haven't updated the profile database, but I've been dumping in the IMDB info by hand for compatibility sake.
I WAS running the new betas, but when I let one expire by accident, that brought the WAF level to not happy. I've since reverted to my 'old' version.

I still bring out the "new" versions to play and prepare with, and I'm looking forward to many of the features (like graphs, assuming I can get some for of Zoom function working on the internal player. I have only been able to get zooming with Theatertek or Mediaportal) But I need to leave working, working. Thus my reluctance with 2.5. I've played with 3.0 and it'd be nice to use some of the additional tagging to denote between an HD version and a regular DVD versions (and further sort that in XL). But that's part of the reason I was excited to see a converter.
CiXel

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:38 pm

what I do is have the "pre-release" version loaded in a different directory and import my DVD 3.0 info THERE. Then close it, copy the movie database (updated) to the "production (free)" xlobby database folder and start xlobby. works great.
cmhardwick

Postby CiXel on Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:46 pm

cmhardwick wrote:what I do is have the "pre-release" version loaded in a different directory and import my DVD 3.0 info THERE. Then close it, copy the movie database (updated) to the "production (free)" xlobby database folder and start xlobby. works great.

That works great for the moment...
Too bad it won't work anymore where there are no more pre-releases to be had ;)

That's fine with me though, I'm ready for a "release' that doesn't expire
CiXel

Next