Background images

Got an idea, post it here

Background images

Postby BaddaBing on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:48 am

In the default skin folder add a new folder Backgrounds2 and add background jpg images with resolutions of 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768. Restart xLobby when restarted xLobby will load images from the Backgrounds2 folder randomly until the images are completed or if you number them like background1, background2, etc they will load in order. It is still experimental. We want to add a few basic commands like adjusting time in between images, the ability start and stop images as well as reset to a default image. Eventually more advanced features that can fade or blend images, etc.

To stop the roatating image feature rename or delete the folder.

Wes Black \ Calrad

Any idea as to when this feature will be ready for use? Just a handfull of commands like start, stop, continuous looping and it would be ready to go.

And maybe multiple background folders. ;-)
BaddaBing

Re: Background images

Postby wesblack on Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:39 am

Baddabing,

I will be in Las Vegas for a whole week at CES with Steven. It should be pretty easy to finish this since most of it is done. And yes it will have all of the features you mentioned. I will post something if we have a V3 build with this finished and ready for you to download. :)

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby BaddaBing on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:38 am

Thanks! Have a good time in Vegas. If you have a chance go have a steak at Prime in Caeser's palace. Start out with the chilled seafood appetizer, it comes with Alaskan crab legs as big around as a little slugger baseball bat...
BaddaBing

Postby PhilB on Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:45 am

No way. I would go with a martini at Mandaly Bay (Red Square), Sushi at Manadaly (too lazy to walk far) and a maybe a cab ride to Club Paradise (for the Sales Team). The girls are friendly there.
PhilB