Insteon Support in Free Lobby

Help each other out

Insteon Support in Free Lobby

Postby shmuck2002 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi All,

I know that the new XL 3 will natively support Insteon and other such HA hardware, but how about in our beloved FreeLobby? I have found various round-about ways to talk to my USB Insteon PLC, through the use of command-line supported systems and a S***load of batch files (very unreliable at best). Has anyone out there put together a plugin so xLobby can directly talk to either the PLC, or even to the (also somewhat shakey) SDM? Maybe some way to do it with xSend/xReceive? Another possibility would be if anyone has nailed down a plugin for EventGhost to have 2-way communication with Insteon? I have done so much with my xLobby, and developed a really nice whole-house media system with touch screens, PDA remotes, RF remotes, and a near 100% WAF :D but the one last thing is being able to seamlessly talk to my Insteon devices. Any advice would be great!!
shmuck2002

Re: Insteon Support in Free Lobby

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:08 pm

I control my insteon devices with PowerHome. I use a socketserver to control it from xLobby and xReceive, i believe, to go the otherway. I'll search for the thread here that pointed me in the right direction. the instructions are fairly clear.
cmhardwick

Re: Insteon Support in Free Lobby

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:12 pm

here's the post and information.

http://xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4733&hilit=+PowerHome

This works in either free or pay version. The necessary plug-ins, etc, should be listed.
cmhardwick