Documentation, progress?

Speak your mind

Documentation, progress?

Postby cavitycr33p on Mon May 03, 2004 2:23 pm

The guys in the chat have been wonderful! Is there a ongoing effort to make a basic install/config document? A installer?

I love xlobby, the skins is what sold me. I just think for us newcomers a basic doc would help out, complete with screenshots of the steps.

Id love to see configs for dif programs, and what parameters people used.

I do understand that alot of things are changing, but something to help us out would be great.

P.s. Anybody got a preconfigured version with a rom browsr and tv that I could get? It would help me discover the innerworkings alot better to see a working config.

Thanx all!
cavitycr33p

Postby mattdisaster on Mon May 03, 2004 3:10 pm

I think at some point, most likely when all the major changes start cooling down, an installer would be one of the best additions to have added. It's been talked about here and there, so who knows where it is. As for a skin with a working roms section, hold tight one of the main sections of "my" (frankienstien) skin is the games section; containing snes, sega, nes, and pc games. And I think I asked you but have you seen chad&colby's skin editing document? It's very good. Good luck!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby cavitycr33p on Mon May 03, 2004 4:43 pm

Yes, ive seen it, have it bookmarked :D

I'm getting it down better, but there are still lots of questions on some things.

Im already working on my own skin now. One main problem i had, was when I set up my snes page, it would not show all the games on the page, unless i put like 10 rows in the catagory.
cavitycr33p

Postby 3rdman on Tue May 04, 2004 11:40 pm

Don't know if this'll help you but I was able to set up ALL of my roms with minimal difficulty and I tried to explain how I did it here.

http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1238

The only difference is that it requires that every database requires its own screen. So I created an SNES screen, as well as one for N64 etc.

See if that makes an sense and if it doesn't I'd be glad to try and explain it better.
[/url]
3rdman

Postby mattdisaster on Wed May 05, 2004 1:46 am

Any reason you created a screen for each? Using the set database command you can change teh database displayed on the screen, so you could have something set up and have buttons that just switch from one system to another. That's what I did.

-matt
mattdisaster