X-10 page examples or uses

Help each other out

X-10 page examples or uses

Postby Mikeydog on Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:05 pm

Anyone using any X-10 on their HTPC, anyone have any examples of pages they have created or XML I could look at for ideas. I assume you have to use something like grider to implement it. I havn't played with that prog at all yet.

Thanks
Mike
Mikeydog

Postby MFan on Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:19 pm

Mike,

You do not have to use girder. Using homeseer and their plug-in (hsc) to communicate from xlobby to homeseer is much more user friendly than girder. I made some skins for x-10 control via the ppc. When I can, I will upload them and send the link - hopefuly this weekend.

Don
MFan

Postby Mikeydog on Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:59 pm

Yes that works.. Great. I have a couple quesitons though if you don't mind. How did you implement it. I create a bunch of on and off batch files and then created a bunch of imported events in xlobby to turn the lights on and off. Does this sound right or is there and easier way. Second question is there a command to turn a number of lights on and off at the same time. I tried "hsc -x b2+3+4 off" and that didn't work (it only turns on the first light). I created a single batch file with multiple on commands and that only will turns on the 1st and 3rd light for some reason? any ideas..

Thanks for the help
Mike
Mikeydog

Postby MFan on Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:31 pm

Mike,

If you are using the homeseer - hsc approach, I would suggest that you create an event in homeseer to turn all of the lights off (or whatever). Then use the hsc command -e "eventnamehere" instead of -x a1 on. This works well.

If you want to do this without creating events in homeseer, create a number of separate commands in the xlobby event manager and add them in series in an event. I think you might want to put a wait between the commands in the event, but am not sure on this.

I don't know much about batch files, but do know that the first suggestion above works and do not see any reason why the second should not work.

Don
MFan

Postby Mikeydog on Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:45 am

Got your second suggestion to work. I used the wait commands to allow multiple lights to turn off and on. Works great. I wasn't able to call an event from home seer though. Oh well don't really need it yet.. I don't think. One more question do you know if you have have a button perform different events. For instance hit it once and it runs a x10 on event, hit it again and it runs an x10 off event..??

Thanks again
Mikeydog

Postby MFan on Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:00 pm

Mike,

I do not know how (or if you can) do this in xlobby. I think you can do this with a script in homeseer using 'if...then' logic. You could also do it in girder in a couple of different ways (scripting or using 'enable...disable' group logic).

The level of logic required is kind of getting away from xlobby's core competency. I think this is why girder access is built in.

Don
MFan

Postby guedelmalin on Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:45 pm

I'm very interesting by what you did !!!!
:lol:
Can you please give me your script or xml databases for see how you do that...

Thanks
guedelmalin

Postby MFan on Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:08 pm

guedelmalin,

I haven't done this, only making a suggestion how it could be done. As I said, I don't know how to do this in xlobby. In girder, I would try the following:

Create a multigroup called X10On. In it, put all of the on commands you want (via hsc to homeseer), plus a command to enable X10Off and a command to disable x10On. Have the multigroup triggered by the event 'x10doit'.

Create a multigroup called X10Off. In it, put all of the off commands you want (via hsc to homeseer), plus a command to enable X10On and a command to disable x10Off. Have the multigroup triggered by the event 'x10doit'.

In xlobby, create a button that sends the girder command 'x10doit'. By pushing this button, you should alternately turn your x10 devices off and on. Like the toggle command on a tv, you risk getting the button out of phase with the devices, but a button press (or 2) should get the devices back in sync. When you first start girder, this might act a little goofy until one of the groups gets disabled.

I have not done this because I prefer descrete on and off buttons, but I may test this at home.

Don
MFan

Postby MFan on Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:04 am

guedelmalin,

I got the girder file to work, but I had to add one more command. The last command in X10On needs to be a girder command to stop the processing. This prevents the logic from immediately turning the lights off. :oops:

Let me know if you want a copy of the file.

Don
MFan