Mirage 3D *UPDATED 11/2/08* www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Re: Mirage - A EVEN NEWER BEGINNING *23/10/07* www

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:05 pm

Okay. I'm pretty excited about this one. Now that I'm starting to understand what's going on. I feel pretty confident in showing my first teaser of the new look for my Mirage skin:

Yes, its a rotating 3D menu system. The main menu, and sub-menus will utilize this menu engine...developed by the French Team...total hats off to them.

More details to come, but in the meantime...enjoy! :D
Last edited by Marbles_00 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marbles_00

Re: Mirage - A NEW BEGINNING *13/9/07* www

Postby defrag on Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:15 pm

WOW :shock:

way to go...
defrag

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:16 pm

SWEEEEEET!! :mrgreen:
cmhardwick

Postby memoe on Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:25 pm

Hat's off to Marbles! First, the reigning king of zoning, now this! Very nice. Great job!
memoe

Postby cmhardwick on Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:03 pm

question on the rotating menu ... Can you select ANY item by clicking on it, or must it be rotated to the front to select, like the Menu in Steven's new default skin?
cmhardwick

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:15 pm

Selected Item must be rotated to front. It's pretty cool...been able to do away with a bunch of submenus. I'm also going to start to concentrate on the navigation of it using a remote. Eventually I'm hoping that this will be a total remote friendly skin. Right now, using this rotating application, I think PPC control will be limited. I haven't spent alot of time on it, but I'm not sure how to control the app via ppc.
Marbles_00

Postby cmhardwick on Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:15 pm

well, if it's PPC screens, you wouldn't want to use that app would you, just do traditional screens?
cmhardwick

Postby wesblack on Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:12 am

Nice Work !

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:36 pm

Just a quick update...yes, I'm still working slowly at it when I get some time.

This is still a work in progress. I've decided to add the following funtionality to the skin:
1) Karaoke - using karafun...right now I have a bunch of cdg/mp3 file combos, and even though I setup karafun in "File Types", it still loads the mp3 into winamp.
2) Musicovery - this is a un-released ap taking advantage of the Musicovery...for anyone that hasn't used this online streaming format, it's pretty cool and well worth taking a look.
3) PPC screens to act like a glorified controller. I've got it to control the main menu engine, but going to the sub-screens, I'm having some problems using the PPC to navigate around the categories.
4) General navigation with remote and/or PPC.
5) Been playing with a DVB-S card and DVBDream. Tyring to find a way to integrate it into the system, though this is not a stopper as it is stressing my ancient workhorse...and not worth integrating until I have a HTPC to try it out on. I may try out ProgDVB instead...in the end, I will release the skin with the TV screens remaining incomplete.

Basically if I can get points 1, 3, and 4 done, the skin will be ready for release.
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:13 pm

Still a work in progress...just now starting to get back into it. I got sidelined with other projects and injuries...DAMN DEADLIFTS!!! As for my points before:
1) Dropped Karafun. I'm using a winamp plugin. Works great.
2) Musicovery - no further along. Just the basic operation. Will have to bug dgemily more if he has gone further with the app (last time I talked to him about it...he hadn't).
3) Just figured out how to utilize the PPC screens...looks like I will have to create...get ready for it....2. Yes, two screens to control the entire skin. More details as I finalize everything.
4) Figured out PPC control (I think), have to figure out remote control...need a USB-UIRT first.
5) May have to use Lasse's TVEngine3 to do it. Right now the TV portion is on hold.

This skin, in my eyes, is a whopper. Want to use in a 1920x1080 resolution...no touchscreen (don't have one...really no reason for one other than "Cool" factor...but in the end...just something that the kids will break one day). Using alot of plugins (list will be updated/included). Included with the download will be a full explanation on how to adjust the menu engine for your own use. Just one other thing with this skin...XSend/XReceive is my friend.

I have to put up some teasers. Skin is nearing completion, just a hell-of-alot of cleanup.

Chow for now
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:16 am

As promised...some teaser pics:
Splash

Improved Main Menu

New Video select menu

Music select menu

Album select screen

PS...is it just me, or are my pictures getting cut off? If so, Steven/Wes, can this be corrected? Or do I have to perform some picture editing?

DVD select screen

New Karaoke screen (gees...Whitesnake...that takes me back in time..... :shock: )

I was hopeing to get some video, but the menu system wouldn't show up...it decided to act like a vampire looking in a mirror. Pissed me off.

Things are really coming along. Still doing some major cleanup, and now setting down to finish the user document.

T Minus 5 days!
Marbles_00

Postby Grooby on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:20 am

Veeeery nice work!

Looking forward to giving it a good going over to see how u've done it all 8)

Andy

...i shrink my pictures down before i post to keep them under 600k, the 1080 picture i posted came out fine...
Grooby

Postby scottw on Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:56 pm

SWEEEEET, I can't wait to see it and see what plugins you are using. My wife asked me a while back if there was a way to have it work as a karaoke machine, didn't know winamp had a plugin for this.

AWESOME work!!!!!!!!!!
scottw

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:07 pm

Very nice work indeed.

I can't remember if answered this in you initial post but I would assume that since you are the zone genius here that a music zoning option will be part of this "masterpiece".

Can't wait to see what you come up with...as I always say...I wish I could do something like that 8)
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:20 pm

I can't remember if answered this in you initial post but I would assume that since you are the zone genius here that a music zoning option will be part of this "masterpiece".

Actually, I had created screens that controlled the syncing and volume control of each zone, and using the zone map. Unfortunately that was when I was using Zoneskin3 and the "old" version of this skin. I am going to incorporate zone control for controlling Zoneskin4. If it doesn't make it in by the initial release, I will for sure be doing a follow up with it incorporated (not sure how many use Zoneskin4, so I'm thinking it is more a personal thing, so I don't want to hold back the release for that reason). Volume control shouldn't change, but instead of sync control, it will be more along the lines of source selection per zone.

The only issue with that is that you won't be able to use Mirage as a server (means Mirage looses PPC control), as if I recall, a machine can't be a server and a client at the same time (unless I screwed up when I last tried it...which wouldn't surprise me in the least, as I've been known to make some incredibly stubborn mistakes).

SWEEEEET, I can't wait to see it and see what plugins you are using. My wife asked me a while back if there was a way to have it work as a karaoke machine, didn't know winamp had a plugin for this.

Yeah its the MP3+G plugin (CDG_Plugin.exe). I made sure and refrenced it in my user document.

PS
As for the image getting partially cut off....works great when extending explorer across an extended display into the second monitor. I can get away with that at work here as I'm using two monitors side by side.
Last edited by Marbles_00 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marbles_00

PreviousNext