transparency/opcaity ??

Skin graphics and skinning help

transparency/opcaity ??

Postby S Pittaway on Tue May 05, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi,

Is there a way to make an image partially transparent?

say i render the now playing cover over one of the nice wmv backgrounds... can i make the cover 50% transarent so you can still see the animated background below?

i noticed that in the new skin editor there are boxes for visibility and opacity are these connected to what i want to do?

Cheers, Sean.
S Pittaway

Re: transparency/opcaity ??

Postby wesblack on Wed May 06, 2009 3:14 am

Sean,

Quote from Steven:

" Visibility and opacity are bindings for services right now, I have to make some changes to it a bit to get it to work for a hard coded value but it should be possible...will have to wait until the next release."

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby S Pittaway on Wed May 06, 2009 12:03 pm

Great.

And thanks for the websites with the background movie's on.

Here is a really simply but nice looking "now playing" screen i knocked up -
NowPalying.jpg

The butterfly moves around the screen and can be seen in the reflected bit, but droping the transparency on the music covers should look cool.
S Pittaway

Postby wesblack on Wed May 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Nice..........!

Maybe use a CD jewel case. I need to make a few new ones. Possibly Andy or Baddabing can contribute there skinning skills on this. :)

http://xlobby.com/news/2007/12/

Now we just need to be able to move and resize images on the fly.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby dhcf23 on Wed May 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Sean,

I have made a nowplaying screen/screensaver using baddabings screen saver and it looks nearly identical to your screen here,minus the cool background, and strangely like the one Appletv uses!! The one question I have is how you are able to angle the now playing and next coverart? I know how to do the text box angles but couldn;t get the now playing to do it. Is this a version 3 feature or does it work in the free lobby too?
dhcf23

Postby Grooby on Wed May 06, 2009 5:02 pm

It's a V3 feature mate...but get ready for Sean to say..."I have a plugin for this"! :D :wink: :lol:
Grooby

Postby S Pittaway on Thu May 07, 2009 6:53 am

nope, for once i dont :) on my "live" system i am still using v2 so it looks like this
m0.jpg

If i am honest i find the now playing screens a bit of a waste of space :) i normally want to see what the next few songs are that will be played, so my default "playing" screen is a playlist -
m1.jpg

The flash one uses milkdrop -
m2.jpg

In the flesh milkdrop can look fantastic especially if you crank up the texture and mesh sizes...

The apple one is there for "compatibility" :). I also thought it make make a nice music playing screen saver, you can have two copies of the screen (swap the now/next covers etc) you can then flick between the two ever 20 seconds or so and magically no burn in on a plasma :)

But i have to say the V3 apple look one with angled covers and the animated butterfly do look nice - even the wife said "that's pretty"!
S Pittaway