Xtuned Volume 1

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby cavitycr33p on Sun May 23, 2004 7:19 pm

I 2nd the stop button, I looked forever for that thing, lmfao.

and the games section if possible.

thats about it..
cavitycr33p

Postby AirPost on Mon May 24, 2004 4:17 am

it says No category has been selected

Mike, that means the movie category is not selected. Can you do it one more time and if it says "No Category has been selected", click on the movie category (movie covers). It should show the category as per previous page.

Pateruck, will probably do a 960x540 as well as a stop button but will also take a while. You would need to set your winamp visualizer plugin to go fullscreen within the winamp plugin options. I set mine to go fullscreen so when I select visualizer, milkdrop goes fullscreen. Selecting enter/ok will close the visualizer and return you to the music options.
AirPost

Postby jmb295 on Mon May 24, 2004 6:47 pm

AirPost,

Great job on the skin, it looks very good at your default resolution on my TV. It's also pretty remote friendly. I did add an album queue button, to the overlayalbum page under the X button. That way I could queue the entire album without exiting the screen and changing the settings.

One question I have is how do I change the homepage of the web browser? I would like to have it default for now to titantv until I get the epg up and running. I would also like to suggest the addition of a stop button.

Thanks for the great work!
jmb295

Postby AirPost on Mon May 24, 2004 8:06 pm

jmb295, thanks and good to hear that you are improvising on the skin. To change the start page for the web browser:

-open up webbrowser.xml in skins>xtuned folder using notepad or any editor.

-locate :

<eventbutton>
<imagename>http://www.google.com</imagename>

-replace the url with your titantv webpage.
AirPost

I dont see any text for the buttons

Postby musicthebee on Sat May 29, 2004 7:37 pm

I have installed the skin and also the fonts. However I cannot see any text for the buttons and its all blank. Can somebody tell me what am I missing here? I am trying t run this at 800X600 and 1024X768 and its the same ( I cant run 856 resolution as sugested please)

Thanks
musicthebee

Postby noviceboy on Sun May 30, 2004 4:35 pm

I had this. It's a font association problem. If you look at the overlay in th skin editor. the text items are probably not using the whiterabbit font as they should . Mine got associated with Arial Narrow, which was not visible.
noviceboy

Postby Myth on Mon May 31, 2004 8:01 am

Hey Airpost,

Are you going to release the XTreme skin? If so then how close are you to finishing it.

From what I've seen on the webpage it looks impressive!
Myth

Postby cavitycr33p on Mon May 31, 2004 12:55 pm

Another airpost skin, the older one or a new one?
cavitycr33p

Postby AirPost on Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:31 am

Sorry been out busy lately and will be more busy - we are changing some systems at work.

Musicthebee, sorry for not replying right away. I am still in the process of converting the skin to other resolutions to fix the font problems.

Myth, the Xtreme skin is still also in the process and might not be available for awhile.
AirPost

Postby MR on Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:44 pm

I love this skin. It is exactly what I hoped my system would look like and then some. The Internet Radio was a nice addition that I hadn't considered before. Very nice job.

I have a couple of issues however, and I don't know if they are bugs in the skin, with Xlobby (using pre19) or my system. Anyway, I'll list them here:

1 - When switching screens and then returning to the main menu, the button I selected stays witht the highlight graphic eventhough it is not currently highlighted item. For example from the main page, if I move up and select Movies and then go back to the main page, Movies will still be in green eventhough the real green indicator is at the bottom of the menu.

2 - I can't seem to get the Weather data to refresh. The five day forecast stays on the day that I booted Xlobby Refresh button doesn't do anything on my system. It would be nice if this updated once a hour or somehting.

3 - If I select the slideshow in hte music section, I can't get it to stop. If I hit select, it goes away for a short while, but then pops right back up. It's not that I am jsut hitting select to quickly and accidently hitting slideshow again, as I can navigate out of Music and the slideshow still keeps popping up.

I think that's all.

Thanks!
-MR
MR

Postby pateruck on Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:15 pm

Any idea when you will have a 960x540 version? I'd like to customize the main background with the name of my theater.

Patrick
pateruck

Postby Tracie on Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:24 am

AirPost,
I've had a chance to spend some time with your skin. You've really done an amazing job here with the overlays - very nice on the eyes & not too hard to learn either. The only problem that I've run into is with adding/creating new pages for the skin. When I do that, they don't seem to work - if you navigate to the page within Xlobby (rather than using the Skin Editor to get there) the screen just locks up & stops responding, can't get F2 or the Skin Editor to come up, nothing. Only CTR/ALT/DEL will let you out. I'm not sure if it's a problem with your skin or with Xlobby - I'm using the latest patch from the Download section. Just thought I'd mention it, but it's not a huge thing for me since I figured out how to modify one of the other pages that I wasn't using for my purposes. Anyway, thanks for a great skin. I think my husband might thank you even more (although he gets a little jealous of all of the time that I've been spending with the HTPC lately :wink: ).

Seriously Steven, his ranking needs to be as a Skin Engineer.
Tracie

Postby AirPost on Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:33 am

Thanks again Tracie. I have not run into the "creating new page lockup" but I'll try to keep an eye on it and see where the fault is. I have been very busy lately with work (changing new rf system software) and haven't done squat on this skin.

Interestingly, this skin got a nil WAF from my wife so I'm starting another skin "Xtreme" that hopefully would suit her. So, Volume 2 on this skin is somewhat delayed for some time until I get some free time.

Pateruck, sorry for the late response - if you are interested, I can send you the psd files, if not, I'll do the 960x540 when I get some time.

MR, the highlite graphic is a known bug that will hopefully be fixed in the next release. When doing a slideshow in the music section, all I do is press ok (remote) or enter (keyboard) and it brings me back to the music screen.
AirPost

Postby Tracie on Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:33 pm

MR,
Yeah the highlight thing is within Xlobby, at least I assume it is since it happens with the other skins that I sometimes switch to.

Airpost,
Nil on the WAF? What didn't she like about it?
Tracie

Postby BeauB on Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:49 pm

Any news on 1024X768?
BeauB

PreviousNext