Does Xlobby support Animated Gif's

Help each other out

Does Xlobby support Animated Gif's

Postby Mikeydog on Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:24 pm

I have a couple animated gifs I would like to use for my weather page. They don't seem to be working, but I though i had read in this forum they should. Any ideas. Here is the link for the gif

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/sat_mosaic_640x480_public/ei/isaewa_.gif

Thanks
Mikeydog

Postby jowaldo on Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:46 pm

I forget the exact reason why, but I remember steven telling me that it used to have the capability to show animated gifs, but he removed it a while ago. I think it caused some sort of problem(s)
jowaldo

Postby Mikeydog on Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:44 pm

Oh ok.. thanks for the response. Hey I saw your skin. Very very cool... If you have some time a little faq on how to create the popup windows would be cool. I am a newbie to this and would love some help..
Mikeydog

Postby jowaldo on Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:59 pm

Thanks...

The pop ups aren't that hard to make... you just create an overlay. The way I did mine tho is, I make buttons on the main screen, and when you click on them it looks like the overlay is connected to the main screen when it technically isn't. The blue background is just a unclickable "button" i created in photoshop. You can't use backgrounds in overlays, but you can make "buttons" and put them in the back to serve as partial backgrounds.

I'll probably make a tutorial when I'm closer to done with my skin.
jowaldo

Postby Mikeydog on Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:08 am

Ok I was able to create an overlay in my weather pages. It lets me goto other weather pages (local, national, regional). I don't think it works quit right. When I click on the national button as an example it jumps to that weather screen but then just kinda locks up Xlobby no error message or anything. Do I need to add any kind of close or exit command to the overlay. When it switches screens the overlay doesn't show but it almost acts like it is still there..
Mikeydog

Postby CouchPotatoe on Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:27 pm

Steven, Is there any likelihood animated GIF's will make a comeback into Xlobby ??

K
CouchPotatoe

Postby stevenhanna6 on Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:51 pm

they really are a pain, I might add the support back in and have a check box to enable animations. I warn you though they suck up cpu power.
stevenhanna6