internal mediaplayer and iso, img

V3 help and support questions

internal mediaplayer and iso, img

Postby lar282 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:44 am

Hi
this gotta be a blunder from my side, but I cannot get XL to mount iso or img when using the internal mediaplayer. If I swith to zoomplayer then it mounts. Same machine, same skin so the setup is the same.

Does any here use the internal player with iso or img? If so what version of daemontools are u using?

I use the latest exe(2.0.8103.15) and use the def skin and didn't touch anything. Tried on xp and vista(no UAC)

For the command it uses

Goto screen -> mediaplayer
Play category item
name:movies
player name: Empty
vaiable: Empty

It plays fine for TS, mkv and such but no go on the img or iso

Regards

//Lasse
lar282

Re: internal mediaplayer and iso, img

Postby CiXel on Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:05 am

The internal media player does not properly handle IMG or ISO files, and by that I mean it will not play them directly in the player, nor will it run the mount routine. While I have not heard any official word on this presently, what I did to get around this was to change the category play event back to the 'original' media player which will send the command to the file types screen. Once in the file types screen I designated my different file type including iso, and then assigned the play command THERE to the NEW internal player. In that way, iso's would be parsed and mounted, and other media files would just get passed along.

It works, but it's still not brilliant as when you leave the new player, there is a loverly screen waiting for you when you exit something along the line of "New DVD inserted what would you like to do with it?". I Eventually had to ditch the internal player for Theatertek again (also because it refused to play some of my files that other players had no issue with), but I'm really looking forward to integrating the play to the skin for quick selection. Hope that helps.
CiXel

Postby lar282 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:10 am

Thanks CiXel for confirming. Drove me nuts.

steven just must have missed the mount routine cause we all need it right!

//Lasse
lar282

Postby CiXel on Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:04 pm

well, running the files through the file type has a couple of other advantages. Most importantly you can define an offline event which is important for anyone with external media (in my case dvd changers). Also you can define seperate enter and exit events on a per file type basis, or just in general. It's probably worth making this the default handler for the new media player anyway.
CiXel

Postby lar282 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:35 pm

[quote="CiXel"]The internal media player does not properly handle IMG or ISO files, and by that I mean it will not play them directly in the player, nor will it run the mount routine. While I have not heard any official word on this presently, what I did to get around this was to change the category play event back to the 'original' media player which will send the command to the file types screen. Once in the file types screen I designated my different file type including iso, and then assigned the play command THERE to the NEW internal player. In that way, iso's would be parsed and mounted, and other media files would just get passed along.
quote]

So what do u have for the command details instead of Zplayer.exe (Program:) and commandline switches?
do u leave them blank?

regards

//Lasse
lar282

Postby CiXel on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:43 pm

So what do u have for the command details instead of Zplayer.exe (Program:) and commandline switches?
do u leave them blank?

Yup, if I recall they were blank, and my start event pointed to the Play Movie New event
CiXel

Postby lar282 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:05 pm

tried it quick here. Its not gonna work very well. I rellay hope steven will fix this or even better integrate the new internal mediaplayer with extesions so we can have start,stop, offline events again. Otherwise it will be bright in the movieroom on every moviestart since its integrated here with X10 lightning!

//Lasse
lar282

Postby CiXel on Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:58 pm

Yeah, I installed 3 alpha hoping the media player was in better shape.
Perhaps Steven can take a look at the source for the MediaPortal player to get an idea of how they designed and implemented it. It's one of the slickest players I've used to date. But yeah, there's still a bit to go integration wise, but it looks like they're making progress slowly but surely. I wonder what the installers are setting up for their clients as players? Any installers care to chime in?
CiXel

Postby lar282 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:44 am

CiXel wrote:I wonder what the installers are setting up for their clients as players? Any installers care to chime in?

Mee too. I just don't think they are using iso or img. Maybe just plain good old REAL dvd:s and avi, ts and such. Who knows. Here it is VERY common that one rip your own dvd:s to img and use that. especially when u have kids, cause the real disc wont last more than a few weeks! Personally I have all my movies in img and none in real disc.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby CiXel on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:42 am

lar282 wrote:
CiXel wrote:I wonder what the installers are setting up for their clients as players? Any installers care to chime in?

Mee too. I just don't think they are using iso or img. Maybe just plain good old REAL dvd:s and avi, ts and such. Who knows. Here it is VERY common that one rip your own dvd:s to img and use that. especially when u have kids, cause the real disc wont last more than a few weeks! Personally I have all my movies in img and none in real disc.

Right, I initially converted most of the kids movies and such into iso format primarily because XBMC handled those gracefully. It was also nice to have a single archive per movie as then I could dump many movie into the same folder along with a similarly named cover art and viola! I guess many PC programs don't operate natively on Iso and Img files due to their reliance on Daemon tools. I know VLC can open an Iso directly as well as a few other programs. It would surely be nice to have xLobby open these natively to reduce the reliance on necessary 3rd party software for operation.
CiXel

Postby lar282 on Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:07 am

Steven, can u give us some inside on how you are planning what the internal player will support? Best way would be to integrate the internal player with the File type setup so we can have start,stop and offline event?

//Lasse
lar282

Postby wesblack on Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:01 am

I am discussing this issue with Steven, I will advise. :D

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby lar282 on Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:09 am

thanks wes, means alot...
what ar eu doing awake????

//Lasse
lar282

Postby wesblack on Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:22 am

Working 18-19 hour days like Steven. It's all good xLobby is really starting to take shape and making good progress, lots of great things are happening. I will still let you know when the media player commands are added that we discussed and a new V3 build is ready.

Have a great weekend !

Time for some sleep:roll:

Wes Black \
wesblack

Postby wesblack on Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:06 pm

Quote from Steven "they are right the mounting routine was broken when we switched to the internal player....I haven't looked at it in a while but we can definitely fix it to work with deamon tools again....I'm not sure about having it play a img/iso file directly without deamon tools, I would have to look into that to see if there was a direct show player that can do that."

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Next