Realtime

Speak your mind

Realtime

Postby Colby on Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:02 am

Not to sound needy, but my chat doesnt work and I would like to be able to IM some members of this forum to bounce ideas off, and get/give advice in real time. I mean a forum is fine, but I do better one on one sometimes. I already chat with some members, but I would like to chat with some others who could help/ or need help. So what do you say, Baddabing? tswhite70? Marbles_00? Rika? Atlas? whoever else...

Just email me and if I wanna chat with you I will add you.
Colby

Postby memoe on Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:31 pm

Is there any possibility that we could revive the XLobby IRC Channel?
(Apologies for thread hijacking.)

<Old guy rant>Boy I wish IRC hadn't fallen out of favor in lieu of Instant Messaging. I think there is room for both. I use Trillian, and it works well for both, but nobody uses IRC anymore! I use IM (several forms) every day, but I think IRC fills much more of the "on demand" type need that you are looking for Colby.</Old guy rant>
memoe

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:52 pm

I guess now, this is a reason to start using Messenger. I should learn how to use it as my oldest daughter will be chatting to friends soon enough.

Colby, does that mean we have to learn the lingo?

k
ttyl
p-sout
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:47 pm

Marbles_00 wrote: as my oldest daughter will be chatting to friends soon enough.

Haha u better keep eye on it... theres lot of pervert bears out there :lol:
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:13 pm

HEY!!! NONE OF THAT NOW!

She's not even 4.

Well, that's why I have keyloggers, snoopers, parental control and other joyous internest security software/devices, so I can put a stop to anything that is alerting ahead of time. Outside of the humour, it is pretty scarey. An old neighbor of mine told me a story about his daughter and a friend. They thought they were talking to some 'kid', until he told them that he drove by and watched them playing out in their front yard.
Marbles_00

Postby Colby on Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:34 pm

Ok so now I am on IRC too, but its the same people I chat with anyway. I guess I will never catch some of you.
Colby

Postby memoe on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:08 am

I've been trying to encourage use of the IRC channel. To facilitate this, I created a bot that will translate from English-French and reverse. I made the default "no translation" I realize the first test was annoying (Sorry, Colby)

Right now the list of who speaks which language is hardcoded by moi. The next enhancement will be for users to set their own language preference.

I will be adding features as I find time, and I get requests. Type help, and the bot will explain how to invoke the translation. A very big thanks to Dgemily, and Sagitaz who have helped with this project.
memoe

Postby dgemily on Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:02 pm

big thanks to memoe, you did a did a very nice job !!!!
dgemily

Baddabing Chat?

Postby Colby on Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:07 am

Baddabing why dont you ever chat? OR why doesnt anyone chat in IRC?
Colby

Postby BaddaBing on Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:20 am

Hi Colby - and everyone else. Just happened to catch this message when I was browsing the forum. The reason I don't chat is the same reason I had to beg off supporting my skins because real life got in the way. My job has had me on the road a lot; I'm flying ten thousand miles a month on all domestic flights. Throw in a wife and two young kids and there is just not a lot of time left over. The occasional skin I toss out there is put together sitting on an airplane or at the airport (the week of Dec 17th, between Sunday and Tuesday, I spent a total of 21 hours in Chicago O'Hare airport because of flight delays) Its nothing personal and I would like to be more involved but I just can't swing the time.

baddabing
BaddaBing

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:53 am

OR why doesnt anyone chat in IRC?

Sorry Colby, I'm in the same boat with Buddabing somewhat. Not flying all over the country, but do have a wife and kids. By the time I've spent some family time, and I can actually sit in front of the computer, there isn't anyone chatting on IRC...the "room" is empty. :(
Marbles_00