XRemote : new plugin for girder

Xlobby plugin development

XRemote : new plugin for girder

Postby badubo on Sat May 21, 2005 10:52 am

Hello,

Due to the quite heavy configuration process for Girder2Xlobby and thanks to Steven for the adaptation of the SDK, I've made a new plugin for controlling XLobby from girder.

http://france.xlobby.com/plugins/XRemote.zip

Here are the main features
- It is a XLobby plugin and no more a Girder plugin, no need to other plugin.
- You can create/rename/delete as many button as you want
- The configuration is stored in the skin, making it easy to change between skin
- Possibility to create the list of buttons from a template (list of buttons) all configs made with the same template can be used with the same girder gml file.
- You can assign to a button a different event for each screen in xlobby
- Possibility to have a "default" event used for screens where no specific event was designed
- a button can be declared as a "Shift button", (for 2nd function), by pressing it, you can define a second event for each button (and for each screen)
- Built in Nokia Style Alphabet allowing to enter characters in the input buttons of xlobby
- the configuration of girder is easy, you only have to export a .gml containing the list of the button (not events), load it in Girder and learn the buttons.
- possibility to export a xlobby eventsgroup containing an event for each button. This feature is for simplifying the configuration of the USB-UIRT plugin. (Not completely Tested). You only have to learn these evets and let the plugin make the dispatch
-Possibility to backup/restore the config in a text file

A tutorial has been made by C-moi :
http://france.xlobby.com/xremoteus.htm
badubo

Postby C-moi on Sat May 21, 2005 11:48 am

This plugin is the best way to control xlobby with a remote ! Thanks Badubo :lol:
I hope you will understand my bad english ! :shock:
Sagitaz use this plugin in his skin XMedia
http://forums.studio-biorythm.com/index ... topic=1007
or
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2988
You can try it !
Last edited by C-moi on Sat May 21, 2005 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-moi

Postby ingalls on Sat May 21, 2005 11:49 am

Yes, a very great and usefull plugin for any remote control!!!

and thanks for the great help!!!
ingalls

Postby Brownee on Mon May 23, 2005 12:04 am

Looks like this is going to be a great plugin. Thanks

I am trying to setup remote control of the BONG skin but I am having trouble with the music overlay screen. I can’t get an assigned key press to work with buttons on the overlay. I can navigate the buttons and execute them using global OK and direction keys but cannot assign them an individual key press. All is working beautifully on other pages though. Is there something I need to do to get it to work on the overlay?

As a feature request, could it be possible in a future release to make the column widths on the config screen adjustable? At present the screen names run into each other.

Thanks again Badubo for a great pugin.
Brownee

Postby m_masta on Mon May 23, 2005 4:08 am

Thanks!
I haven't tried it yet, but from reading the info it seems tremendous!
It will make setting up the remote control that much easier with XLobby.

Merci beaucoup badubo :D

masta
m_masta

Postby C-moi on Mon May 23, 2005 5:12 am

You can change the the column widths (1)
C-moi

Postby badubo on Mon May 23, 2005 10:21 am

@Brownee
Is there something I need to do to get it to work on the overlay?

You need the really latest xlobby2.exe and pluginsdk.dll
How do you go to this overlay? (an event or an infoscreen of a category)?
badubo

Postby Brownee on Mon May 23, 2005 1:49 pm

Hi C-moi, thanks for that. Easy when you known how. :oops:

Hi Badubo, I tried with the latest xlobby2.exe from the download page tonight but still no joy. I am not sure about the pluginsdk.dll. Where do I get it?

The overlay I am working on is from the music page of the BONG skin. When you select an album cover a music detail overlay appears. I am very new to skinning but I believe it uses an infoscreen of a category.

Thanks
Brownee
Brownee

Postby badubo on Mon May 23, 2005 2:42 pm

Hi Badubo, I tried with the latest xlobby2.exe from the download page tonight but still no joy. I am not sure about the pluginsdk.dll. Where do I get it?

in fact, this is XPluginSDK that is always shipped with the latest exe
badubo

Postby badubo on Tue May 24, 2005 9:30 pm

@Brownee

I don't know if you still have the problem, but I found a little bug that can be the cause of your problem.

http://france.xlobby.com/plugins/XRemote.dll

it is not a release, it creates a log file in the xlobby directory. If it doesn't work, can you post the content of the log file.
If it works, tell me so I can update with a release.
badubo

Postby Brownee on Wed May 25, 2005 12:20 pm

@badubo

I did get it to work by changing the wording of the infoscreen of the category. The infoscreen originally read (from memory) “Overlay:MusicDetails_Overlay”. By removing the fist “Overlay:” Everything now works. I don’t know why or what this first “Overlay:” does but I noticed that other overlays in the skin do not contain it. So I thought I would try removing it and it worked. All other overlays I have tried so far have also worked.

Thanks
Brownee
Brownee

Postby dgemily on Wed May 25, 2005 1:10 pm

One precision:

The documentation is very detailed, but if you use a skin with included the XRemote configuration ( like Xmedia2). The only thing that users have to do is:
Go to plugin configuration, press “export gml”, open it with girder; you will see the list of remote buttons used by the skinner; then you only have to learn your remote buttons for each listed buttons.

If you are using USB-UIRT plugin, press “export events” instead of “export gml” then you only have to learn these events and let the plugin make the dispatch.

It was only to precise that is very easy for a newbie to use this plugin, and is very quick to adapt the configuration Xremote of one skin to your remote control…( less than 2 min…)

Is not difficult also for a skinner to create a XRemote configuration (and you have a very detailed English documentation :wink: ) so I encourage every skinner to integrate this plugin, with your configuration, in your skin . Then every people can use your skin quickly with their remote. Even use button>input with their remote using “SMS” format like a cellular phone..

It’s an awesome plugin, thanks Badubo Image

Later,
dgemily

Postby dalanik on Sun May 29, 2005 1:10 pm

F*ckin' great plugin.. such a pity that I did all the work manually in my skin :-)
dalanik

Postby Chazotta on Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:10 am

Does this plugin also enable Xlobby to send commands to girder, ie rather than Girder (via a remote control device) sending commands to Xlobby ?

I am wondering whether it is possible to make Xlobby talk to Girder (ie send commands or messages), so that in turn, Girder can send commands to another PC on the network via Girder on that other PC, which in turn could send commands to Zoom, Winamp, Sage whatever on that other PC.

I am exploring the possibility of running xlobby on a pc (eg a tablet) which can control applications such as Zoom Player on other PC's directly using Girder (Internet Event Server/Client), unless of course Xlobby already can do this ??
Chazotta

Postby badubo on Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:53 am

xlobby can send eventstrings to girder (see the event manager)
badubo

Next