Possible to use multiple Touchscreens?

Help each other out

Re: Possible to use multiple Touchscreens?

Postby vaporhat on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:20 am

I also use a remote as a secondary interface device with the USB-UIRT. I have the mx-3000.
It seems like a little over kill, but it seems to work.

Still working on the screens to get it to do everything I want but eventually.. right now I mostly use the touchscreens.
vaporhat

Postby jji666 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:32 pm

I use a number of remotes via USB-UIRT directly through XL - XL controls the whole thing and I'm not bypassing it for the IR remotes (except for PowerDVD which presents its own set of problems and has required me to be reacquainted with Girder). With USB-UIRT, you can use any remote you want assuming some other device doesn's also pick up the signal. I use two old Realmagic XCard remotes (long since retired as the video output on my system -- RIP) and two old universal remotes that came with some old RCA directv receivers. The design configuration could be cleaner, since a layman wouldn't know to pick up an XCard remote to control zoomplayer or an RCA remote to choose a movie on screen, but it works for me. You can hit any rapid succession of commands without freezing the XL server.

My suggested configuration is an IR remote through USB-UIRT that can navigate the whole XL screen as well as act as control over zoomplayer or whatever player/transport you are using (if it's a universal, you can switch devices to control different applications), and then a wireless touchscreen (airpanel or another) to select media through XL with a nice visual interface and also to control transport if the IR remote happens to be sitting across the room, sooooo far away.
jji666

Postby WannaTheater on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:27 am

So when you discuss using IR remote to navigate through XL screens, I guess XLobby shows up on your main screen - i.e. where you are playing videos? My current plan of attack (changes daily) is as follows:
1) HTPC (server) will use screen 1 for video only; screen 2 (extended desktop) will be touchscreen with full XL interface
2) The video from HTPC is actually split into several rooms (I like, although all rooms have to watch the same media :(). For those rooms that will NOT have a touchscreen, I am planning on implementing a button in the xlobby interface which will restart Xlobby server with XL output on screen 1... and thus will be able to control XL server (with visual feedback on tv) with IR remotes (and repeaters) from the other rooms

I think it will work, but the fun is in the experimenting.

One of these days I hope to be able to watch a movie, or listen to some music.
WannaTheater

Previous