screen saver

V3 help and support questions

screen saver

Postby vaporhat on Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:54 pm

I have a screen saver enabled within XP that works, however once XL is open on that machine the screen saver does not come on. Is there a switch within XL to turn a screen saver on/off?

I have a USB touchscreen in the bedroom and the brightness it too bright for sleeping. While it has an on/off switch on it, since it is a USB it take a few moments for the PC to recognize the device and it's annoying waiting for it..
vaporhat

Re: screen saver

Postby billberet on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:05 pm

there is nothing inside xlobby that you can turn on or off for that.

with me, i also have a Q1 tablet, and usually the monitor turns off after 20 min of no use when in windows, but xlobby
keeps the monitor on all the time, and the Q1 has no monitor off button, so i have to shut the whole thing down, not a big fan of that.
but at least the screen saver works on the Q1, but all that means is the monitor goes to black, it does not turn off.

Does your monitor have a sleep setting, where the screen turns off when not in use, all my monitors do that in windows, but not when xlobby is running.
it's definetely an issue they will have to address. (xlobby)
billberet

Postby vaporhat on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:43 pm

I do not believe there is a sleep setting on my touchscreen, just on/off.

Is there a way to program an event to force XP into screen saver mode?
vaporhat

Postby kris on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:59 pm

I just set my windows power settings to set screen to standby after 60minutes.
I have noticed however that this works correct in some installs and doesn't work in others :shock:
strangely enough sometimes it seems to be linked to the actuals page the user is on in XL.

Does the screen go into standby if you have all application (including XL) minimized ?
You could also find a commandline tool that forces monitor standby and put that in an event linked to a button.

kris
kris

Postby wesblack on Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:12 am

We are going to add a check box in the Alt+F2 settings under options to enable or disable the screen saver, this will only work as long as you are not playing a Movie or Video, streaming Video content.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby Bill Lott on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:18 pm

Awesome - Thanks Wes and Steve
Bill Lott

Postby vaporhat on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:32 am

that would be fantastic. Thanks.
vaporhat

Postby lpg on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:28 am

wesblack wrote:We are going to add a check box in the Alt+F2 settings under options to enable or disable the screen saver, this will only work as long as you are not playing a Movie or Video, streaming Video content.

Wes Black \ Calrad

Wes has this ever been implemented? I could not find the checkbox.

I have windows 7 loaded on a tablet with Andy's iphone screen, way cool, I cannot get the screen saver to work. Is there something else I should do.
lpg

Postby wesblack on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:15 am

It is not in the current version. Ok, trying to get this on the next V3 release. There is a work around. Create a trigger that works using the in-activity timer this will launch any screen saver file in windows, for example: c:\window\system32\scrnsave.scr.

So basically if no activity is detected in xLobby after a certain preset time a event is triggered that launches the screensaver.

Restart xLobby after creating this type of trigger.

Wes Black \ Calrad
Last edited by wesblack on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wesblack

Postby lpg on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:51 am

Great, Thanks Wes.

I found out you need a -s or a /s switch so it's scrnsave.scr -s
lpg