Noob needs explicit steps to import DvdProfile database

Help each other out

Noob needs explicit steps to import DvdProfile database

Postby kevo on Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:50 am

Given an exported XML database from DvdProfile, how do I get XLobby to display the movies coverart and descriptions? :?: I know this should be obvious and it even worked for me previously, just can't seem to recreate the steps properly. Thanks in advance for the help!
kevo

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:12 pm

you just have to go into setup....go into the database import templates...select the "movies" template...and you'll see the dvd profiler setting boxes you need to configure at the bottom. Once you setup your paths...just delete your db...and import it again. Dont touch the "import from" field...leave it blank.
stevenhanna6

Postby kevo on Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:25 am

I am entering Setup (using F2), Databases TAB, Import TAB, Template Movies displays and I go to the bottom of the dialog box where it says Dvd Profiler Settings where 1) the All Movies Radio Button is set, 2) Folder is set to C:\Program Files\DVD Profiler\data\templates and 3) XML is set to C:\collection.xml (an exported file from DvdProfiler)

When I click on the Import Button, the following happens:
Import Status Dialog comes up, with Status displaying label 1 and Progress Bar with NO activity.

Sorry for the long post, but nothing is happenning!
kevo

Postby stevenhanna6 on Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:08 am

2) Folder is set to C:\Program Files\DVD Profiler\data\templates

it should be

C:\Program Files\DVD Profiler

try that. Make sure you hit the delete db button before you import again.
stevenhanna6

Postby noviceboy on Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:25 am

kevo

sounds silly,but did you check your HD for activity. The DVD profiler import does not give feedback, but you will see this disk light going like mad. Check the DB with editor.
noviceboy