multiple sessions of Xlobby running

Speak your mind

multiple sessions of Xlobby running

Postby Jwizo on Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:16 am

New guy !!

Slick product. I have two airpanels v110 connecting via windows Remote desktop into a server running xlobby. So when I try to open more then one copy of xlobby the other one shutdown. It is like trying to open the program twice on your desktop in two windows. I even tried to copy the program into two seperate directories and still have the same problem. Is there some way to mark the program either in windows xp or xlobby to be able to run multiple copies?

Any idea on how to allow two copies to run on the same computer. One wanted each airpanel to operate independent of each other. Each airpanel logins to the server using a seperate user.

You can't seem to login multiple times as the same user. which would allow what I see on one unit to be the same, plan B. Can't get that to work. (The reason why I can have more then one login via remote desktop is I did the RDP hack via termserv.dll)

Plan C, both airpanels login to a desktop and that desktop will then radmin over to the server. not very clean, multiple servers and hops, trying to avoid.

Any ideas out there?

BTW: viewsonic airpanel v110. about 300 bucks on ebay. awesome unit to use with this product. I have been using it for sometime.

Jim
Jwizo

Postby jimmyb on Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:15 pm

I too was trying the samething. Did the hack and can log 2 users on at same time. Loading 2 copies of Xlobby proved futile and then it dawned on me why. If xnet logs onto an IP address or from an IP then how can you have 2 copies of xlobby (2 seperate instances) running on same computer???

I know your frustration since we just need PC's as the slave to our Airpanels :)
jimmyb

Postby dgemily on Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:37 pm

Idon't know what do you want to do with 2 instances but anyway, you can use a full xlobby + a thin client on the same pc....
later,
dgemily

I guess I could

Postby Jwizo on Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:04 am

I guess the only other option for me would be

Running two PC's. One containing the RDP for one airpanel with xlobby installed pointing to the mp3 collection on the server unit.

The server unit would be the other which would have another copy of xlobby and RDP for the other airpanel.

Windows client is just not beefy enough for me.

Jim
Jwizo