Can one bookmark, log, and recall scenes from multiple DVD's

Speak your mind

Can one bookmark, log, and recall scenes from multiple DVD's

Postby jolottashakn2 on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:54 am

Do any of the "lobby" type tools have the capability to bookmark an arbitrary scene on a given DVD, log it in a database of user defined scenes, e.g, John Wayne smiling at Kate Hepburn in Rooster Cogburn, then recall any scene I've logged in my database.

For years, I've wanted the capability to recall my favorite scenes. It would be such a kick to compare, for example, Markey Walburg resisting the call for leadership in the Planet of the Apes remake, to, say, Hans Solo doing the same in Empire Strikes Back.

With this capability, as I view each movie, I set a mark/index point at various points I find interesting. Then after viewing the entire movie, come back to the indexed points, name them something meaningful, and log them in a database maintained by the "lobby" proggie. The db interface then allows me to display the indexes I've named and logged for each movie, and to pick such an index. It then loads the proper DVD, and begins playing at the indexed point.

An enhancement would allow me to "non-linear" edit by defining in and out points of titles, and then it would play back the sequence of content between the in/out points. Would be soo cool.
jolottashakn2

Postby stevenhanna6 on Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:52 am

this would be so tricky to do since the dvd player isn't built into xlobby, if you set all those indexes outside of xlobby then somehow triggered them you could probably do it....I'll put it this way....it would be like making a .bat file for every scene you want to index.
stevenhanna6

Postby Groover on Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:21 am

Pity, I'd love this capability as well. Seems like a good idea to me and a lot easier than trying to find the exact scene across a huge collection of dvd's.
Groover

TheaterTek bookmarks???

Postby briands on Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:58 pm

I know TheaterTek allows bookmarking, though I have not really used it.

May be worth asking at the forum over there.
briands