beyond TV with Xlobby?

Help each other out

beyond TV with Xlobby?

Postby jrg on Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:21 am

How do you guys and gals integrate BTV (or Sage for that matter) with Xlobby?

I am looking to have both Xlobby and BeyondTV running all the time, with BeyondTV in the foreground most of the time for Live TV.

But when i want to start a movie or listen to music, how do you get Xlobby to come forward using a remote?

Is this possible without Girder? Right now i am using the Hauppague Win-250PRV Silver remote with a MyBlaster IR to control the sat box.

Thanks and the more detail about your setup or how to do this the better.
jrg

Postby oneman on Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:06 pm

jrg, I integrate Sage into my HTPC using the TV-out on the Hauppauge PVR-350 card to a separate video input on my TV (vid 4), Sage is always on and at full screen...

The HTPC video card is connected separately to my TV (vid 1) with Xlobby always in focus. With this setup I just change video inputs on the TV....

I've been using Tivo for a few years and could never get BTV close to behaving like Tivo. With the current setup Sage (ver 2 beta) comes pretty close. BTV can not use the TV-out on the PVR-350 card....

You could use girder to change focus or use Alt-Tab to switch apps..

Hope this helped...
oneman

Postby jrg on Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:46 pm

yeah, that would work, but i just have the 250 that does not have the TV output.

I have never had a Tivo, so i dont know what i am missing and both Sage and BTV seem to work pretty well, although the wife like BTV better. It is so to choose when both are under rapid development.

Beyond TV is make a Beyond Media module that looks very similar to MyHTPC and Xlobby in terms of adding the DVD, video and music capabilities by sorting through album covers and movie posters.
jrg

re:beyond TV with Xlobby?

Postby dudeluna on Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:07 pm

jrg,
i've had btv for about a month now, and am still working on getting it set up the way i want. i just installed xlobby and am also working on it.
here is a good link from the snapstream formum boards that has setup info on the happauge silver remote:
http://discuss2.snapstream.com/vb/showt ... ver+remote
i too have the pvr-250 card.
do you currently watch video on the pc monitor? i purchased an inexpensive ati 7000 card which has an s-video out which i connect my tv.

armando
dudeluna