Question about custom buttons

Help each other out

Question about custom buttons

Postby WannaTheater on Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:20 pm

So I am creating a new page for XM Radio. I have icon files (.png) (which were packaged with Baddabing's skin). Each icon corresponds to a station. So I was jut planning on using each one of these files as coverarts. But then I realized that each icon is actually a button with a corresponding DOWN state.

So could each button be placed on a screen, and then individually call WinaAmp? Thus there would be no database required... just a whole bunch of events tied to each button. Is anyone familiar with how Baddabing was doing this? I believe he also did it with TV station icons as well.

Thanks!
WannaTheater

Re: Question about custom buttons

Postby scottw on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:28 am

How were you planning to call the XM stations before, thru thr CAT?? Is there like a stream URL or are they .pls files. Sorry I don't have XM so I do not know how they are called thru Winamp. You should just be able to call the winamp.exe with the arguments of the stream info.

Let me know how they are called and I see if I can help.
scottw

Re: Question about custom buttons

Postby WannaTheater on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:58 am

Yes, the XM Radio stations can be opened from Winamp by connecting to URLs corresponding to each of the individual stations. I created a database similar to music database, and all works fine (with all text, no images). I have basically created an XM Radio screen which shows each of the XM Radio categories, then clicking on a category shows each station in the category, then clicking on the station sends the <parameter>URL into WinAmp. Basically the stations appear as tracks in the database, just like music.

I could put each of the station icons into the coverart fields of each station (just like album coverart), and this would probably suffice. But something leads me to believe that there is another way to do this, and this is why Baddabing's skin contained "buttons" in his skins directory, with "standard" and "down" states. If this is possible, it would allow for custom placement of channel icons on a page, and I would not be dependent on Xlobby's placement. But how does one create an event that will pass a URL to an already-opened WinAmp... especially when I have multiple winamps for different zones. Hmmm.
WannaTheater