Volume + - on multiple cards

V3 help and support questions

Volume + - on multiple cards

Postby lar282 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi
Just added another soundcard on the server and now I got my first multizone-:)

But, how do I control the volume with a button on a specific soundcard and not the master volume? What's the trick?

//Lasse
lar282

Re: Volume + - on multiple cards

Postby billberet on Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:33 am

hey,
i have 6 usb sound cards, works great for each zone, and i don't have to waste a pci slot, not to mention they are very cheap.
if you go into the controls page, there is volume control for 4 zones.

you cannot have one button control multiple zones, at least i do not believe you can.
I was given help with my volume controls for my tv's, where all the buttons are on top of each other, so when i choose a tv zone, the appropriate button moves to the top so it has control, so it looks like one button doing all the zones, but it's just a trick.

but for your audio, you should just be able to use the control page, since that does 4 zones by default. so you should be covered
let me know how it turns out.
billberet

Postby lar282 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:46 am

the buttons on the control screen doesn't do anything for me -:(
they have an event but nothing happens

I'm runnig window 7 x64
foobar

what are u running?

//Lasse
lar282

Postby billberet on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:02 am

yea i stayed away from win 7 on the server, i'm using XP. seems to be the most stable.

when you go into setup, audio tab.
do you show the internal audio zones? you have to link each internal audio zone to an output device, which in your case would be the audio card.

if you are not showing any internal audio zones, choose your output device, then type a name in the textbox above it, then click add.
this will add your internal audio zone. because without this link, xlobby will not be able to find your zones.
hope this helps
:)
billberet

Postby lar282 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:09 am

billberet wrote:yea i stayed away from win 7 on the server, i'm using XP. seems to be the most stable.

when you go into setup, audio tab.
do you show the internal audio zones? you have to link each internal audio zone to an output device, which in your case would be the audio card.

if you are not showing any internal audio zones, choose your output device, then type a name in the textbox above it, then click add.
this will add your internal audio zone. because without this link, xlobby will not be able to find your zones.
hope this helps
:)

My 2 zones work perfectly so I think I set them up correct. I also believe it's cause of windows 7 or windows 7 x64. Anyway I solved it with external command
nircmd changesysvolume -2000 "speakers" 1
nircmd changesysvolume -2000 "speakers" 2

that little commandline is perfect

//Lasse
lar282