Category Skin Assistance Needed

Speak your mind

Category Skin Assistance Needed

Postby Richard_P_Harvey on Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:15 pm

I'm doing so skin work and I have built a new category, assisgned a database to it etc. I'm stuck on how to get buttons to work within the category space. I'm sure it's done using the "Display" tab of the category section but I can't figure it out.

Can someone please explain what this section does...?
Richard_P_Harvey

Re: Category Skin Assistance Needed

Postby Colby on Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:29 pm

Richard_P_Harvey wrote:I'm stuck on how to get buttons to work within the category space. I'm sure it's done using the "Display" tab of the category section but I can't figure it out...?

After creating the category and selecting it, (categories have a bold yellow dotted outline) the you will need to choose the display of your category. No cover side left etc. are have no cover. With these your category should have at least display text. Additional selector images for a thumbnail views are referenced on another tab, and are top layer, selector, etc. Within the tab where you set up your info screen and category name, there is a line for display. This is where you would input the variable you wanted displayed. ie. %display%. The thumbnails in a category are the coverart from the database. (if you display it this way). If your category is blank it will be probably one of 3 things:
1. There is no actual information nor coverart saved in the database.
2. The spacing and/or colums are set to large.
3. The variable to display is incorrect.

What is going on in your case?
Colby