navigation with hidden buttons

Got an idea, post it here

navigation with hidden buttons

Postby dalanik on Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:27 am

I bumped into a problem with way xlobby navigation works. What I do is have a set of buttons which stay on screen all the time, and above them, i display different categories which do show/hide. So if I have playlist shown, I want to navigate to it from lower buttons. Then when I switch to i.e music, playlist is hidden, and I want to go to the music category (which is shown). But it doesn't work like this. I think XLobby should ignore HIDDEN items for navigation, and navigate only to SHOWN items.

Does this make sense?

D.
dalanik

Postby milanp on Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:45 pm

I use the hidden buttons for easier navigation with on enter events.
I implemented navigation just like SageTV has i.e. if you press left on submenu-items it goes to the previous menu level. If you press right it opens an onscreen overlay if there's nothing on the right from that menu item.
If Steven implements this, I suggest that configuration of the navigation still remains the same and navigation can be made to a hidden button.This way my skin will not loose the functionality.
Are you sure that you cannot solve your problem with navigation override ?
milanp

Postby dalanik on Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:15 am

I don't know how, because i have the same starting button, and if music category is visible, i need to go to that, if movies category is visible, i need to go to movies....
dalanik