Access Xlobby anywhere with the SlingBox!!

Speak your mind

Access Xlobby anywhere with the SlingBox!!

Postby hjackson on Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:41 am

I had talked about doing this a few months ago, but now I've finally done it. I hooked up my SlingBox to my HTPC. The SBx runs in it's own window with a proprietary program (ie. it does NOT run in your internet browser). I then control Xlobby through the webbrowser client. I use the ppc screens since these load MUCH faster. The video quality is pretty good. If you travel a lot or like having access to your media when away from home, the SBx is a great tool, especially for $200.

hjackson

PS Has anyone tried streaming their ripped DVDs with Orb?

Here's a pic below:

hjackson

Postby galileo2000 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:45 pm

Just ordered it. It was a missing piece in my XLobby setup. Thanks for pointing it out.
galileo2000

Re: Access Xlobby anywhere with the SlingBox!!

Postby galileo2000 on Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:58 am

hjackson wrote:I had talked about doing this a few months ago, but now I've finally done it. I hooked up my SlingBox to my HTPC. The SBx runs in it's own window with a proprietary program (ie. it does NOT run in your internet browser). I then control Xlobby through the webbrowser client. I use the ppc screens since these load MUCH faster. The video quality is pretty good. If you travel a lot or like having access to your media when away from home, the SBx is a great tool, especially for $200.

hjackson

PS Has anyone tried streaming their ripped DVDs with Orb?

Here's a pic below:

hjackson,

all is implemented. 6 in 2 out s-video switch is here and connected to slingbox. All the 6 inputs (2 HTPCs, 2 Sony DVD changers, 2 DirecTV receivers) are controlled through xlobby/USB-UIRT. I can control inputs from either Xlobby web server interface or z2 remote2pc directly controlling my HTPC from my PDA/Phone Sprint 6600.

Many thanks to you for pointing me to the right direction with Sling.

Now, when they release mobile client, everything will be available from anywhere.

Internet access should be mandatory :D

BTW, you can have more than one Sling client by using WME.
galileo2000