Jowaldo's Skin - Beta 2.1 - UPDATED for resource manager

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby PiDD on Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:22 pm

Thanks! I will let you know.

So I am using the USBuirt and PPC as well. I got some X10 mixed in with Girder and direct program control. so hit 'movie time' and the lights dim the receiver switched to htpc, the projector turns to the right input and the movie starts. hit pause and the lights go bright again. too ccol the things you can do.

What are you up to?
PiDD

Postby oajungen on Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:37 pm

I will look at completely tomorrow, but just installed it and took a quick look. Very nice job!!! Specially the Now Playing for me! If I am right you couldn't enable the bitrate in the Now Playing screen?
oajungen

Postby PiDD on Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:46 pm

Bring up the quick view music page, open up the skin editor (hit the pause/break key) click the thumbnails portion of that page, then in the skin editor window click the "Edit Category" Then under layout change it from "default" to "split 1"

It should be preconfigured to be that new green style and everything. Does this work ok for you?

This worked great... I went with Top1 BTW. How can I get this on the main PC as well?

Rob
PiDD

Postby jowaldo on Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:07 pm

PiDD wrote:
Bring up the quick view music page, open up the skin editor (hit the pause/break key) click the thumbnails portion of that page, then in the skin editor window click the "Edit Category" Then under layout change it from "default" to "split 1"

It should be preconfigured to be that new green style and everything. Does this work ok for you?

This worked great... I went with Top1 BTW. How can I get this on the main PC as well?

Rob

I'm not sure what you mean by on the main pc... did you change the layout for the ppc quick view music screen, and now you want to change the main quick view page? I didn't even think of changing the ppc quick view screens yet.

Thats cool what you are doing with the uirt and x10 stuff with girder... sounds almost exactly like what I'm doing. Turning devices on, to the right input, turning off the lights with one button, and using discrete codes so it doesn't matter if a device is on or off, or set a certain way, it just works is the best! :D

oajungen:

Sorry I forgot to mention it didn't look like there was a way to add bitrate info.. Makes sense cuz pretty much the only thing that can be shown is db info, and that isn't added to the db automatically at least. Plus I'm not sure if I'd even want to add that type of stuff, cuz I'd like to keep the skin looking the least techie as possible... most people that I've shown what xlobby does, they, their wife, or gf, would see bitrate, and be confused as to what that is... ;)
jowaldo

Postby PiDD on Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:37 pm

sorry .. yeah I changed the ppc music screen (as per you instructions) to show the names but im looking at a way to do that in the music screen on the htpc as well.
PiDD

Postby jowaldo on Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:32 am

Oh I thought you wanted the names around the albums for the main quick view screens, not the ppc ones... I'll fix the formatting on the ppc screens too if ya want...
jowaldo

Postby PiDD on Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:40 am

you are right ... i want the names on both!
PiDD

Postby Aaron on Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:25 am

jowaldo,
this thread is getting huge... what about creating tow threads...
One just for posting the latest version of your skin.
The second for discussion of the skin. Maybe even make a discussion when you release a new version since the discussion seems to get huge :wink:

btw... super job on your skin!
Aaron

Postby jowaldo on Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:41 am

Thanks... I've been thinkin of it. Next time I make any decent amount of changes, (probably soon) I'll start a new one for sure :)
jowaldo

Postby madpoet on Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:10 pm

Thanks for this beautiful skin! I just got started with XLobby, and love the look. I do have a couple of questions which are likely setup issues on my end ;).

1) The News page... I get nothing. Do I need to configure it for a feed somehow?

2) The Internet Browser page... again I get nothing. With the default skin it opened just fine, but I don't get the browser window at all with yours.

I will of course have to go in and correct your Tivo button to control the one true PVR (Replay) but otherwise I think it's outstanding. Looking forward to delving more deeply and understanding some of the functions I'm missing.

Thanks,
MP
madpoet

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:34 pm

Adding news databases is pretty easy, by default in my skin it looks for 4 different databases.

newstopstories
newstech
newssports
newsentertainment

I get all my rss feeds from yahoo, and they are listed here:

http://news.yahoo.com/rss

To add say the topstories one, go into setup (hit f2) then the databases tab. At the bottom under "create new rss database" for db name type newstopstories and for its url put in http://rss.news.yahoo.com/rss/topstories which is the url I got from the previous link.

Then click "Create rss DB"

Then you should be able to see the news top stories category. Just add the other three the way you did with the first with the correct links and you are all set... The next time I update my skin I'll include the news databases.

About the webbrowser, I'm not sure what the problem could be... you don't see anything? It should just come up to the google homepage by default. Does it at least take you to the webbrowser screen where you see some back, forward, refresh, home etc browsing buttons?
jowaldo

Postby madpoet on Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:24 pm

I have the screen with the buttons (home I remember, not sure what else). The center, where I assume the web browser should be, is just blank.

Thanks for the tips on the news services, I'll work on those!
madpoet

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:54 pm

hmm honestly i'm not sure what the problem could be... maybe try redownloading my skin with a fresh install of xlobby first, just to make sure if its something on your computer or not. I'm just wonderin cuz I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem.
jowaldo

Works great now

Postby madpoet on Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:48 pm

I loaded the default skin and then reloaded yours, and the internet works. Setting up the news feeds was a snap, thanks. Really enjoying getting into this ;)
madpoet

Postby RobBug on Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:40 am

Just want to say ... SWEET skin!! :D :D

Also on the weather page.....what might I be doin wrong if the daily graphic is not loading.....the one that gives you the sun/clouds/t-storms etc. I get a line of that points to the image but no image.

Keep up the great work. Huge potential with this skin.

Thanks
Rob
RobBug

PreviousNext