Dragon skin www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby mikeyboy911 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:23 pm

Thanks Rika!! (again)

I will try again when I get the usb port working on my Simpad as my daughter has stood on my serial cable....
mikeyboy911

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat May 27, 2006 7:34 pm

Ok managed to solve database item crossreference problem with XMoveTo plugin... check it out!
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun May 28, 2006 6:34 pm

Also solved the other issue, button hide script, which i never could get work with original XScript plugin worked right away with new XScriptNG.

But theres still small problem... i noticed u can still hit the hidden button :(

So i started to wonder... is there some neat way to disable buttons?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:53 pm

Rika,

I was wondering, since it seems people have problems of using my plugins because of imperfect documentation, if i have your permission to make publicly available individual screens of "Raped Dragon" which is my adaptation of your "Dragon" skin, as skin examples how to use my plugins in practise?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:05 pm

That said, Ofcourse it would be preferable if u could make skin using xPerT, i would be very honored indeed, but im afraid this is too much to ask. 8)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby rika on Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:12 am

P3rv3rt B3ar
Feel free to publish your version of the dragon skin.
Remember to credit Carlitus though; some of the buttons are under GNU LGPL license. Distribute lesser.txt and license.txt with your buttons

(Some of the icons in the skin are built from the noia icons for KDE.
Made by Carlitus (Carles Carbonell Bernado)
http://www.carlitus.net )

Have fun

Rika
rika

Postby mikeyboy911 on Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:16 pm

Hi Rika

Any chance of talking me through creating a new screen eg for home movies with the same kind of format as Movies, so I could have screenshots instead of movie covers to identify my ever growing collection of home movies of my 2 little girls?

I want to have a running account of them growing up , haven't been able to work this all out yet.

Also would this work for music videos? At the moment I keep my music vids in the movies folder, and they show up as plain white covers in the movies screen which works, but isn't the best.

Finally, can you instruct xlobby to use a particular program eg VLC to play a single particular movie title when Theatertek is the default for that type of file, but TT just won't play it smoothly?

Sorry for all the questions again!

Mike
mikeyboy911

Postby rika on Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:56 pm

mikeyboy

If you just want to copy the movie screen and use the new screen for home videos. Goto the movie screen and press Pause/break, click screen and in "New screen" type your new name for the copyed sceen, press clone. Done. (if the name turns red it´s allready taken)
You vill have to change the category name from movies to eg. home video and change your database form movies to home video
You vill also need some new events like goto home video and so on to use from your menus.

But i vill try to guide you throgh some more advanced stuff. :wink:

Ok. what we vill try to do is to show tree different databases in your movie screen from only one button.

First, make three new databases; movies, homevideo and musicvideos and don´t mix them (no music videos in your movies database :wink: )

Goto your movie screen and hit Pause/break.
Now select your "home video"-button.
delete any text you have set to the button and also delete any events set to this button.
If your don´t have a home video button just make a new one and place it right in your movie screen.
Now ad an id to your button, i will use movietoggle as id:

Now select events in skin editor
Add three new toggle states to your button, i will use movies (defalt), musicvideo and homevideo. See img:

Close your skin editor and press f2
Under events add three new ones, i will use movietogglemovie, movietogglehomevideo and movietogglemusicvideo.
Add three new commands to your events:
1. button state set
2.set database
3:button set text
and set the commands as shown in img:
(the category name should only be movies if this is the correct category that you are using in your movie screen)

Now open skin editor again and select your homevideo button.
From event (img 2) assign click events to your different toggle states.
toggle state movies: set click event movietogglemovie, to state musicvideo set movietogglemusicvideo and state homevideo set movietogglehomevideo.
DONE

Now when you click your home video button in movie sceen the databases vill toggle betven the three states above.

The cool thing with xlobby is that you can do the same thing in many different ways. Check this tutorial: http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4778
If you use this you can folder your home videos in eg. vaccation, home, the girls, contry house, and so on.

Any chance of talking me through creating a new screen eg for home movies with the same kind of format as Movies, so I could have screenshots instead of movie covers to identify my ever growing collection of home movies of my 2 little girls?

I don´t understad what you want to do here, a movie cover is the same as a screenshot... If your home video dont show a "movie cover" it´s because you don´t have your folders right. Do you have screenshots for every singel homevideo in your homevideo folders?

can you instruct xlobby to use a particular program eg VLC to play a single particular movie

First make a event in event manager that would launch a movie with eg. VLC
(eg. command:execute file , File :C:\Program Files\VLC\vlc.exe, Arguments: %movies>parameter% )
Now you have to edit your movie database, click on the movie that you want to launch with VLC and click advanced and assign your new VLC event to your singel movie.[/quote]

Hope You find some thing usefull

Rika
rika

Postby mikeyboy911 on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:32 pm

HI Rika

Absolutely fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to help me and all the others who will read this

Having got my computer back from repair, I will now get down to doing what I need

Thanks again!! :D
mikeyboy911

Postby mikeyboy911 on Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:40 pm

Spot on again!!

All done, just need to change the colour of the text when there's no screenshot in the folder as it's white text on a white background and not very clear

Thanks Rika
mikeyboy911

Dragon skin

Postby Froggy on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Please Rika: how do you edit the RSS feeds?
I tries to follow the instructions in the following post...
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... rss#p48615
... and corrupted the skin or the database.
Can you help?
Froggy

Re: Dragon skin www

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:06 pm

At which section does the corruption occur. When creating the RSS feed? Creating the database? Displaying the database? Or displaying the RSS description?
Marbles_00

Postby Froggy on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:13 pm

To be honest, I don't even remember.
The matter is that from the instructions I mentioned, I am able to create the RSS DB entry. The second part of the instructions is about including that DB entry on a new page. My page is already created so, I tried to poke around and fully messed up.

I am using the Dragon skin by Rika. I just need instructions about changing the buttons tags and their function assignment in order to open my newly created RSS feeds.

Although I have implemented the English language file as instructed by Rika, I still get quite a number of buttons and other thing in Swedish. If someone could also include some basic instruction on how to edit page titles, buttons and anything like that I may encounter on pages.

I hope that is not too much to ask. Is there some documentation or white pages somewhere about skin editing by the way?
T'ank U!
Froggy

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:08 pm

First are you using the old free version of xlobby, or xlobby V3 (pay version). The dragon skin was done under the free version, and may have issues if porting over to V3.

If using the old free version then...

Skinning document is here:
http://xlobbystuff.googlepages.com/XlobbySkinning.pdf

Event Variable list is here:
http://xlobbystuff.googlepages.com/Even ... Sheet2.pdf

There are a few documents worth checking out on my google site here:
http://sites.google.com/site/xlobbyfree/Home

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Marbles_00

Postby Froggy on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:41 pm

Thank you Marble!
I am running the xLobby2 version: 1.0.2337.30251.
I am very much interested with the multi-zone function of xLobby, along with the client part to be run on a PPC cell phone. You mentioned that "Dragon" was a skin designed on a older version of xLobby and therefore could be unstable. So, I tried to use your ZS4 & ZS4 skins, but they fail to load on Database. xLobby just locks. Are these skins compatible with the version I run, or what do you think is going on?
xLobby is extremely, I repeat: extremely promising, but it seems like it requires a lot of experience and patience to get it going.
Froggy

PreviousNext