How To Add A Separate Radio Playlist

Speak your mind

How To Add A Separate Radio Playlist

Postby hjackson on Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:51 am

I would like to keep my music playlist and radio playlist on separate screens. Using the Playlist overlay from Med Ex's skin as a guide, I have been able to add a whole new screen called "Internet Radio". Unfortunately, the "m3uplaylist" category window shows all the playlists in my "playlist" folder when I just want it to show me my radio playlists. How does Xlobby know to go to the default folder "playlist" as opposed to a newly customized one (ie. folder "radiolist")? How do I customize this?
Thanks in advance.

hjackson
hjackson

Postby rhinoman on Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:09 am

You could do it by adding a button for each station using the audioplayer:play file command which will allow you to set up a the url for that station.

In event manager/music add a new event called play radiostation with the command playfile and that will allow you to add the url of the station you require.
rhinoman

Postby art on Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:38 pm

The way I do this is not by using playlist, but by creating new database (template "music") - in the database, in the resource I type "C:\path to winamp\winamp.exe http://yourStream". This way you can add logos of radio stations (covers), genre, country... whatever you want and you can display it just like your mp3 as a list instead of separate buttons I have like 20 or 30 stations and that's too many buttons on one screen :D
art

Postby hjackson on Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:19 am

Thanks for the advice guys. :) Art, could elaborate a bit more on what your set-up entails? I am also not sure what you are referring to when you say "...in the database, in the resource I type...". What is the "resource". I do not see it in the glossary of terms but I have seen talk of a "resource manager"...
Thanks in advance.

hjackson
hjackson

Postby firmware on Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:59 am

Hi Guys,

For radio in myHTPC I used to trigger realplayer, specifically to get the BBC stations.

However, realplayer used to come up as a focused app, and couldn't be shut down from the main interface.

Can winamp play real player radio stream?

If so then I will be a very happy man, as I can see it is not such a great leap to intergrate this.
firmware

Postby rhinoman on Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:09 am

You can play a real media stream in winamp using the tara plugin as long as real (or real alternative) is already installed on your machine. I recently tried to achieve this and could get non live streams from bbc radio 1 to play ok but couldn't make the live stream work.

My solution is to use a regular radio deck fed into winamp via the soundcard line in and output via shoutcast.
rhinoman

Postby art on Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:11 pm

What is the "resource"

Sorry, I was working on the skin for too long :) .... It should be "parameter".
I will post step by step instructions when I get back home.
art

Postby hjackson on Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:02 am

Art, I was able to create a database with my stations but button clicking them does not work. I enteted my sation's info into the paramater line like you showed without quotations (ie. C:\Program Files\winamp\winamp.exe http://205.188.234.65:8020), and with quotations ("C:\Program Files\winamp\winamp.exe" http://205.188.234.65:8020). The latter is the format that will work as a batch file. In the end, I can only get it to work if I place a batch file's destination in the paramaters. But then, when I launch the bat file, I get that ugly DOS window for a couple of seconds before the station starts. Can someone tell me how to get rid of those DOS windows when you run a batch file?

hjackson
hjackson

Postby art on Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:25 am

hjackson
take a look at here - I just posted my skin with a sample "radio" database
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1588

Sorry, it's 6am where I'm and the readme file is probabaly as bad as my english, but hopefuly you'll be able to figure it out based on the database ... anyway, I know I promised to post step by step, but I just can't find the time.. maybe my skin will help you ... if not let me know.....
art