What skin-specific files cause crashes again?

Help each other out

What skin-specific files cause crashes again?

Postby rembetis on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm

I feel really stupid asking this question after using this software for so long, but a buddy of mine is experiencing crashes upon load of free Xlobby and I can't seem to narrow down the problem. I had him delete xlobby.xml and the default skin loads fine so I have to assume there is a corrupt file in the skin, but all of the screen xmls check out fine. What other files within a skin cause crashes?
rembetis

Re: What skin-specific files cause crashes again?

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:48 pm

Each skin could have their own databases and eventsgroups. Check out all the xml files within those skin sub-directories too. Also check out the main xlobby database directory. Maybe the skin is calling on a database that the default skin doesn't. Can your friend monitor the load status and indicate at what point the crash occurs? That could give us an indication of where to look. Unless it crashes right off the bat.
Marbles_00

Postby rembetis on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:59 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:Can your friend monitor the load status and indicate at what point the crash occurs?

:oops: How exactly does one monitor the load status? :oops: (Or do you simply mean see what it says on the splash screen at time of crash?)
rembetis

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:28 pm

Or do you simply mean see what it says on the splash screen at time of crash?

Yepper...well, what the status of the splash screen shows at the crash...not the actual crash error. Sometimes depending on what it says in that status, will give an indication of what to look for and where. Which skin is he using?
Marbles_00

Postby vaporhat on Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Marbles_00 wrote: Can your friend monitor the load status and indicate at what point the crash occurs? That could give us an indication of where to look. Unless it crashes right off the bat.

+1

From my experience, XL will crash at the point in the load process at which the corrupt database try's to load.
vaporhat

Postby rembetis on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:03 am

Thanks guys. Simply deleting the xlobby.xml file seems to have solved the problem. None of the skin-specific .xml files were corrupt and switching back from default it apparently worked fine. Go figure...
rembetis