TV Shows Database

Got an idea, post it here

TV Shows Database

Postby sjc on Mon May 30, 2005 4:02 am

I would like to use XLobby to handle 3 sorts of media. Currently it does fine for my music, and in conjunction with DVDProfiler it handles the movies. I also have a lot of TV episodes that I have either recorded, ripped from DVDs or downloaded. I am looking for the best way to handle them. Medio has a number of plugins to do this, I have been playing with this one which works quite well:

http://www.meedio.com/maid/detail.php?m ... plugin_id={1499478B-18EE-4613-9A65-16A6AE708EDE}

Basically it recognizes the episodes and then scrapes the information from TVTome, so you wind up with a top level to scroll through shows (with picture, descriptions etc), and can then drill down to seasons and then to individual episodes - with description etc. Choose your show and click to play it. It also handles people information for stars, guests, etc along with pictures if you want - but that takes a long time to download as it has built in delays to prevent it crashing TVTome.

I would rather do this in XLobby than in Meedio, so I was wondering if anybody has done this kind of thing, built it into one of the skins, or are working on it, or plan to work on it. I think it would make a great additional capability for XLobby.

Thanks
Steve
sjc