USB-UIRT, not accepting short burst signals

Speak your mind

USB-UIRT, not accepting short burst signals

Postby hjackson on Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:48 pm

Besides using Girder, is there any other way to get around this?

hjackson
hjackson

Postby jowaldo on Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:01 am

you are just trying to get it to learn ir codes, and having problems with short burst ones?

If so the best way i've found is to download prontoedit, and download easily available codes to use in that program for many devices. Then take the ir codes and paste them into xlobby. worked for me... its a bit of work but the only way i could get some of those buttons to work.

Let me know if you need more info.
jowaldo

Postby hjackson on Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:56 am

Jowaldo, I tried pasting ir codes (not with Pronto Edit) before, but they didn't "stick". How did you do it?

hjackson
hjackson

Postby hjackson on Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:48 am

"Jowaldo, I tried pasting ir codes (not with Pronto Edit) before, but they didn't "stick". How did you do it?"

Nevermind. I used Tonto to extract the learned code then edited it in directly into the xml file. I haven't tried it out on my Sony yet, but I wonder if I have to add some extra code at the beginning of the file to get it to work...

hjackson
hjackson

Postby jowaldo on Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:32 pm

On the setup menu under Ir plugin, I just pasted the code into the transmit/learn box, and under "format" put in pronto. I don't know if that second part needs to be in there, but I put it there anyways.
jowaldo

Postby hjackson on Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:13 am

Jowaldo, when I paste it directly into the window, the code disappears when another code is selected. That's what I mean when I say it doesn't stick. As I mentioned, I then had to paste the code into the XML file. While that works, The codes still do not work on my Sony Receiver. Do you edit/alter the HEX code you cut from ProntoEdit? Does ProntoEdit have to be set up for a particular type of Pronto remote for the codes to work?
I haven't tried changing the format from "uirt-raw" to "pronto". I will try that next...

hjackson
hjackson

Postby rhinoman on Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:27 am

Did you get this to work hjackson? I started playing with this myself yesterday and it seems most of the codes already in my pronto appear to be of the short burst catagory.

If you paste the ir code from the pronto into the xml file, how do you know hat kind of id to give it?
rhinoman

Postby hjackson on Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:06 am

No, I haven't gotten it to work. I am not clear what the use is of the ID number as some of my remote commands did not register one, yet the captured code still works anyway.

hjackson
hjackson