Is it that?

Speak your mind

Postby dgpretzel on Tue May 02, 2006 5:42 am

Thank you, P3rv3rt B3ar.

DG
dgpretzel

Postby Dj Elmo on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:10 am

Hi P3rv3rt B3ar.

Can you expand a little on how you incorporated the FM stations?
I'm guessing you setup a database like a net radio database?

I'm downloading the TV-plugin for winamp now.

Ta
Dj Elmo

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:07 pm

Hi, Im working on speaker stands, well actually just expansion of their bottom... damn things cost hell of a lot and yet barely keep my back speakers on balance... cause i live with my two dogs barely wont quite do... so i really cant write long howto... but instead try briefly to tell what i remember of my FM setup...

First of all its not currently working, cause i changed my tv cards driver to one that supports not radio tuner... that obviously broke it... i have to change back when i have time to ponder around it again. But at the time it was working... it worked pretty nicely.

Well i made completely new database to lobby, i mean i didnt model it after netradio... but wrote xml from scratch. It just contained basic info from station, like name, frequency, logo filename as folder image, and playlist as parameter. These m3u playlists, which contained only one item:station in question, i had to make one for everysingle station, atleast i couldnt find more elegant solution, where responsible to make win amp start playing station when u clicked category item. That is basicly how the solution is... but i think its little more complicated than that, i t think there is actually somekind master list of stations too, which is responsible to telling tv-plugin how to tune into station. and my m3u lists simply points to that master list?? i really cant quite remember... but if there is such a list... i think winamp tv-plugin pretty much manages it... u just have to insert station names to it. Well first of all install plugin... and tune radio stations with it, test that they work, and after that start to worry about lobby connection...

Ill check it out when i have more time at hand.

EDIT: i had a quick check afterall... and its not actually master list but whole folder of lists, again one station or channel per file. These files have extension .tvc and im pretty sure theyre generated by tv-plugin when it is tuned. U'll just have to edit them so that they contain right name. Then my m3u lists point to these files, and FMradios database in xlobby points to those playlists...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Dj Elmo on Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:40 am

Howdy.

Thanks for the info. The problem I seem to be having is the software that came with my card. It is Winfast software and the problem is that I need to start the FM part of the program before anything will work in Winamp. This means that the radio is playing before I even tell it to!!!

For some reason now, when I tell winamp to change the station it doesn't!!!
I had is working once and for some reason now it doesn't want to change!!!

What software did you use for the FM side?

Thanks

Update Edit: Ok, fixed that problem. Just uninstalled the PVR software.
Dj Elmo

Postby bmblank on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:56 pm

It's pretty hokey, but would it be possible to write up some sort of file, xml or dll or whatever, unrelated to xlobby, that would control fm radio? I don't mean a plugin of sorts, but say you click this file and it turns winamp fm plugin or whatever to a certain station... Then you could click another file and it would direct winamp to another station... Then if you had a series of those files (one for each station or something to that effect) then you could put them in a file structure and make a database out of them....
???
bmblank

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:54 pm

I really fail to see how that differs from my solution???

m3u files cause winamp to tune certain station, and these are databased.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby dgemily on Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:21 pm

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:Im very interested to know if somebody did got radiator to work with bt8x8 chip based tuner card and WDM drivers?

did you try with this radiator plugin http://flesko.cz/download/radplug_8x8wdmfm.zip ? works with universal bt8x8 WDM-drivers by Ivan Uskov http://ivus.tele-kom.ru/
see radiator plugins page : http://flesko.cz/plugins.htm

I'm sure I did get radiator working with my haupauge bt8x8 but I don't remember if it was working with wdm drivers. right now I don't have this card so Ican't test and comfirm it...
dgemily

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:42 pm

Yes, i tried atleast three plugins/drivers available for bt8x8 from there, but unfortunately was unable to make anyone of them to work on my system. Prolly just my shortcomings though...

However it seems winamp works well, so i might as well give up with radiator...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Previous